Cataloging is one of Wavebid's strongest features, allowing users to create and manage detailed catalogs in a variety of ways, including from their mobile device.
There are three ways to create a catalog in Wavebid: Importing, via Lot Builder, or via Wavebid Mobile.
Wavebid also provides users with a way to customize the fields available to them while cataloging, allowing users to build a more personalized catalog.
Once a catalog is complete, it can be previewed and then easily exported to one of Wavebid's many partner integrations.
Below is a list of articles pertaining to Cataloging within Wavebid, along with a brief description of each article. If further assistance is needed with Cataloging, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wavebid Mobile: This article discusses the various features of the Wavebid Mobile app, from app requirements and permissions, to creating lots and uploading photos. This article also describes the app's Offline Mode, which allows for photos to be taken in areas with poor internet connection and then uploaded later.
- Inventory Workspaces: In addition to Auction workspaces, Wavebid also offers Inventory workspaces that can be used to house and catalog inventory until it is ready to be moved into an Auction workspace. This article describes the functionality of Inventory workspaces and provides information on cataloging within them.
- Importing Catalogs: Wavebid offers the ability to import external catalogs from a spreadsheet, rather than building a catalog directly in Wavebid. This article describes the process for formatting and importing catalog spreadsheets.
- Merging spreadsheet Columns in Wavebid: When importing a catalog into Wavebid, there is an option that can be used to merge the data from one column into the column before it. This is helpful when needing to add a location or other information to lot descriptions in bulk. This article describes the process for merging two columns/fields from a spreadsheet in Wavebid.
- Multi-Day/Multi-Ring Events: This article describes the Multi-Day/Multi-Ring feature in Wavebid, including how to setup and catalog events as well as the feature's impact on exporting, clerking, reporting, etc.
- Lot Builder: Lot Builder is Wavebid's powerful lot editing and management tool that tracks multitudes of information about lots or inventory. This article describes the process for creating and managing lots using Lot Builder.
- Creating Lot Builder Templates: This article describes the process for creating and using templates in Lot Builder, which are used to quickly populate frequently used verbiage.
- Categories and Metadata: This article describes the importance of categorization as well as the process for adding lot Categories and Lot Details (metadata) via Lot Builder or in bulk via import.
- Add Videos to Lots: This article describes the process for adding videos to lots in Wavebid.
- Add Hyperlinks to Lots: This article describes the steps for adding clickable hyperlinks to Lot Descriptions in Wavebid.
- Creating Custom Lot Builder Fields: Wavebid allows for the creation of custom fields for building and managing lots. This article describes the process of creating and enabling custom lot fields, and shows how those custom fields will appear in Lot Builder.
- Uploading Photos: Wavebid supports the ability to quickly upload photos of lots in bulk. This articles describes the various methods available for uploading photos: Barcode, Filename, and Manual. Photos can also be taken and uploaded via the Wavebid Mobile app.
- Photo Management: This article describes the process for moving photos within a lot or between lots, as well as the photo editing options available in Wavebid.
- Watermarking Photos: Wavebid is able to watermark lot and inventory photos with a logo or other custom image prior to exporting. This article describes the process for adding either an image watermark or a text watermark to photos.
- Managing Vehicle Titles: In this article describes the process for entering vehicle title information, using the VIN Lookup tool, and running Title Reports.
- Edit Lot Sequencing: Sequencing refers to the order in which lots will appear on a bidding platform. Wavebid allows for edits to be made to the sequencing of lots by overriding the numerical order specified by the actual lot numbers. For example, rather than seeing lots 1-5 in numerical order, they can be re-sequenced to appear in a new order: Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 5, Lot 3, Lot 4. This article describes where an auction's current lot sequencing can be viewed, as well as the various methods for editing the lot sequence.
- Bulk Lot Number Change: This article describes the process for completely changing the numbering of lots within an auction by creating and uploading a .CSV (Comma-separated values) file.
- Move/Copy Lots to Another Auction: Wavebid provides a few different methods for moving lots from one auction to another. This article describes different methods for moving or copying individual or multiple lots.
- Lot Bulk Actions: The Lot Bulk Actions tool offers users a way to alter Lot Builder fields in bulk. This article describes the process to make those changes.
- Lot History: The Lot History is a useful page that shows how many times a lot has been moved, and where it has been moved to. This article describes the process for using this feature to track a lot's history.
- Auction Preview: The Auction Preview page is among the most visited pages in Wavebid. This article describes how to navigate the Auction Preview and utilize its many features.
- Universal Exports: Universal Exports can be used to download a catalog file and photos so they can be stored or manually uploaded to a service that Wavebid is not integrated with. This article describes the settings that must be in place to export in this manner, the resulting export file types, and common export issues.
- Export Monitor: This article describes how to view and read the Export Monitor tool in Wavebid along with some common errors that can occur when exporting.