Wavebid is able to watermark lot and inventory photos with a logo or other custom image prior to exporting the catalog to a marketing partner or bidding platform. This article describes the process for adding either an image watermark or a text watermark to photos.
Not all users may be able to access this section of Wavebid. If this option is missing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article contains the following sections:
- To add an image watermark, navigate to My Links > Company > Profile from the Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Preferences tab.
- Then select the Watermark tab to the left.
- Click the Choose File button to select the watermark logo file.
- The watermark must be a .PNG file with a transparent background to avoid having a box around the logo or custom image.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save. The selected image watermark will now display in the lower right corner of any images that are exported.
- To view the current image watermark, click the Image icon to the right of the Choose File field.
- To delete the current image watermark, click the Trashcan icon to the right of the Choose File field.
Example of an image watermark:
If a custom watermark image is not needed, Wavebid can generate a text watermark prior to export.
- Navigate to the appropriate auction on the Dashboard and select Auction > Export Auction.
- From the Export Auction page, click on the Photo Options tab and then check the Add Watermark box. A pop-up window will open.
- Enter text into the Enter the watermark text field (ex. company name). If no text is entered in this field, no watermark will appear after export.
- Click the Copyright or Registered Trademark buttons to add those symbols to the watermark text. To remove them, delete them from the text field.
- Select whether one watermark should appear on the image (Print one watermark), or whether the watermark should be repeated to fill the entire page (Fill the picture). See examples below.
- For one watermark, select the location of the watermark on the photo: Top, Middle, or Bottom.
- For full picture watermark, select the orientation of the text: Horizontal, Vertical, or Diagonal.
- Click the Ok button.
- Continue with exporting the auction to either a bidding platform, marketing partner, or download the photos.
Example of a single, middle text watermark:
Example of a full picture, horizontal text watermark:
Example of a full picture, vertical text watermark:
Example of a full picture, diagonal text watermark:
- Uploading Photos
- Photo Management
- Cataloging Guide
- Auction Preview
- Create a Buyer's Guide
- Marketing Guide