This article describes different methods for moving or copying individual or multiple lots from one auction to another. A lot can be moved between any auction, regardless of its status. Lots can also be moved to or from Inventory. To see a history of all the moves a lot has made, see Lot History. For information on moving lots within an auction, edit the lot number in Lot Builder, or see Edit Lot Sequencing.
This article contains the following sections:
About Moved/Copied Lots
Photos associated with moved lots will appear in the new event in individual batches (one for each lot) with the timestamp of when the lot was moved.
- For more information about photo batches, see Photo Management.
If the lot number of the moved/copied lot already exists in the destination auction, an error message will appear to that effect.
- The lot number must be changed in order to perform the action successfully, as Wavebid will not overwrite existing lots in the destination auction.
If the lot being moved has already been clerked and appears on an invoice, a warning will appear to that effect.
- If the invoice has already obtained a payment (either full or partial), the invoice itself will not be updated.
- All payments will need to be removed from the invoice before Wavebid will update the invoice automatically.
If a lot number is changed, the lot will have an Inventory Number field visible in Lot builder.
- This field will contain the last lot number assigned to the lot, unless inventory numbers were imported with a catalog.
- If inventory numbers were imported with a catalog, those inventory numbers will remain in the Inventory Number field regardless of whether the lot is/was moved.
- If the current lot number and inventory number are the same, the Inventory Number field will not be visible.
Move/Copy Individual Lots
The Lot Mover page is used for transferring one lot at a time to a different auction.
- Navigate to applicable auction on the Dashboard and then select Catalogs > Lot Mover.
- Use the Auction/Inventory drop-down to select the auction to send the lot to.
- In the Lot Number field, enter the lot number to send the lot to.
- If the Do not alter seller codes box is left unchecked, Wavebid will alter the seller codes associated with the lots. For permanent sellers, the seller code will stay the same. For non-permanent sellers, an *1 will be added to the seller code. If the box is checked, the seller code will not be altered during the lot move.
- In the Scan or Type Lot Number field, enter the lot number to be moved. Once entered, the lot will move automatically. The destination lot number will automatically advance, making it easier to work though large numbers of lots, sequentially.
- Lot Mover attempts will display at the bottom of the Lot Mover page. The word "Success" will appear in the Message column if the move was successful. If an error occurred, that error will appear in the Message column.
Lot Builder or Lot by Photo
Individual lots can be copied or moved to another auction through the Lot Builder page or the Lot by Photo page.
- To use Lot Builder, navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and select Catalogs > Lot Builder.
- To use Lot by Photo, navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and select Catalogs > Lot by Photo.
- Navigate to the lot that needs to be moved and click on the Copy or Move this lot button in the top right corner. A pop-up window will open.
- Select either Copy or Move from the Action drop-down menu.
- From the Auction to copy or move to drop-down, choose the auction the lot will be copied/moved to.
- If copying a lot, enter the lot number the new copied lot will have in the new auction into the Enter Lot Numbers to copy to field. If more than a single lot number is entered, the lot will be copied multiple times. For example, if "1 2 3" or "1-3" is entered, the lot will be copied to lots one, two, and three in the destination auction.
- If moving a lot, enter the lot number the new moved lot will have in the new auction into the Destination Lot Number field.
- Select the lot attributes to be copied/moved.
- Do not alter Seller Codes: By default, Wavebid will not copy the current Seller Code of the lot into the destination lot. Check the box to have Seller Codes copied.
- Click the Ok button to start the copying/moving process.
Move/Copy Multiple Lots
Lot Bulk Actions
This method lets you move one or multiple lots at the same time.
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and select Catalogs > Lot Bulk Actions.
- Using the checkboxes to the left, select the lots you wish to manipulate.
- Click the Copy or Move Selected button in the top right corner.
- A pop-up window will open. Using the Auction to copy or move to drop-down menu, select which auction to copy or move the lots to.
- Select the lot attributes to be moved/copied.
- Do not alter Seller Codes: By default Wavebid will not copy the current seller code of the lot into the destination lot. Check the box to have Seller Codes copied.
- Using the drop-down, select the action to be performed on all the lots: Set All to Copy or Set All to Move. You can still override the specific action on a per-lot basis.
- Destination Lot #: What the new lot number should be after the action.
- Available: The Quantity of available items within the lot.
- If lots are moved, the available quantity in the original lot will be updated accordingly.
- If lots are copied, the available quantity in the original lot will not change.
- # to Move: How many of the available items to copy or move.
- Action: The operation to be performed on the lot. This can be used to override the group action already chosen above.
- Click the Copy/Move button to proceed.
Unsold Lots List
For information on using the Unsold Lots List to move or copy lots, see Unsold Lots List.