This article describes the process for creating a new auction in Wavebid. It also contains information on copying/duplicating an auction.
For information on creating auctions that span multiple days or rings, see Multi-Day/Multi-Ring Events. For information on creating auctions that will be exported to multiple bidding platforms, see Integrating with Multiple Bidding Platforms.
For more in-depth information on the various options within the Auction Settings tabs, see Auction Settings.
Create a New Auction
- Login to Wavebid.
- From the Dashboard, click the Hammer icon in the upper right corner.
- On the Auction Info page, enter the auction details. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Name: The name of the auction. This information will appear in all invoices.
- Address: Enter the address where the auction will take place, or select an address from the Select Address drop-down.
- Auction Photo: Click the Choose File to select a photo. Photos must be JPEG or PNG file type.
- Coordinator: The user managing the sale in the system. Select a Coordinator from the drop-down. All company users will be listed in the drop-down.
- Sales Manager: Select a Sales Manager from the drop-down. All company users will be listed in the drop-down.
- Lock Auction: When enabled, this feature prevents any users from making changes to the auction. Only Admins have the ability to unlock a locked event. Once unlocked, edits can be made as usual.
- Estimates: Enter the number of Lots and Videos that are likely to be in the auction.
- Restrict to Coordinator & Admins: As a security measure, the default is for this feature to be enabled. If a user is not a Coordinator or an Administrator, the auction will not appear in their Dashboard. To make the auction visible to the user, there are a few options:
- Make the user the auction's Coordinator.
- Grant the user the COMPANY_ADMIN role in the permissions page.
- Disable this option entirely, making the auction visible for all company users.
- Lock Auction?: Locking an auction prevents any changes from being made to the event. No one, including company Admins or Wavebid Admins, can access locked events. If assistance is needed relating to a locked event, the event will need to be unlocked first.
- Private: Only users logged in to Wavebid will be able to see the auction. This is the default.
- Secret Key Protected: A key is set, then Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page. A user without a Wavebid account can type in the key and then view the catalog.
- Public - No Catalog: Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page. Anyone with the link can view the photos for the lots.
- Public: Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page and anyone with the link can view the full catalog.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab:
- Select the Auction Software from the drop-down.
- Select the desired format from the Auction Preview Page drop-down. For more information, see Auction Preview.
- Type the date of the auction into the Start Date field or click in the field and select a date from the Calendar tool. Use the Hour and Minute switches to select a time. Once the date and time are selected, click the Done button.
- For events that span multiple days/rings, see Multi-Day/Multi-Ring Events.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the screen to save the auction.
- The auction will now be visible on the Dashboard. Whether the auction appears on the Upcoming, Active, or Completed tabs depends on the Start Date selected. For more information, see Navigating Wavebid.
For information on the various options within the Auction Settings tabs, see Auction Settings.
Copy an Auction
Copying an auction will only copy the auction workspace and settings- it will not copy the lots within the auction. Copying or moving lots is a separate action that will need to be taken. For more information, see Move/Copy Lots to Another Auction.
To copy an auction workspace:
- Navigate to the auction to be copied from the Wavebid Dashboard and select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Copy Auction button in the top right corner of the page. A pop-up window will open.
- Only users with Admin authority will be able to view this button. For more information, see User Accounts and Permissions.
- Enter the name of the new auction space into the Auction Name field and click the OK button to confirm.
- If the name is not changed, there will be two events with the same name on the Dashboard.
- This is a required field.
- A message will appear stating that the copy was successful. Click the OK button to continue.
- Return to the Wavebid Dashboard to view the new event. The new event will have all of the details, dates, and settings that the original event had, except for the external auction ID. For example, the Proxibid Auction ID field and the GAP Reference ID field (for BidSpotter) will not copy from one event to another. There cannot be more than one Wavebid event linked to the same external online bidding event.
Delete an Auction
To completely delete an Auction and everything in it:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Trashcan icon in the top right corner of the page.
- A pop-up window will open. Type the word "DELETE" into the window to confirm that the sale and its contents should be deleted. Click the Yes, I'm Sure button.
- The auction has been deleted, including all pictures, videos, and sale data that is present for this sale.