This checklist is intended to be a list of general tasks that may be performed before, during, and after an auction in Wavebid.
Depending on a company's monthly subscription, some of the features below may not be available (ex. Accounting), and some other tasks may not be needed, depending on the type of auction being held.
Before the Auction
- Create an auction.
- Is this an international auction?
- Is this a multi-day or multi-ring auction?
- Will this auction be on multiple bidding platforms?
- Confirm that the auction settings are correct.
- Create or import a catalog.
- Preview the auction to confirm the catalog is accurate.
- Create a marketing campaign.
- If the event is online, export to the desired bidding platform.
- Ensure that everything is in place to allow bidders to pay their invoices online.
During the Auction
- Check-In bidders.
- Allow Absentee Bids
- Enable Registration Deposits
- Set up ID Scanners
- Check-In sellers and confirm commissions.
- If the event is live:
- Test Auctioneer Screen and/or Auction Tube if they're being used for the event.
- Clerk using Wavebid. Turn off Seller Settlements to speed up clerking.
- Consider Using a Pick-List for Checkout
After the Auction
- If the event was online:
- Import sale data.
- Consider Online Checkout.
- Distribute invoices.
- Collect payments.
- Issue Seller Settlements.
- Run reports.