This article describes the process for automatically or manually importing sale data from another platform into Wavebid at the end of a sale.
This article contains the following sections:
For companies working with one of Wavebid's integrated bidding platforms, sale data can be automatically imported.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Bidder Info (Auto). The Person Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful. For information on what data will and will not import, see the article relating to the specific bidding platform.
- Then, on the same auction, select Accounting > Import Sales Info (Auto). The Lot Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful, and winning bidder and sale information should be imported. For additional information, see the article relating to the specific bidding platform.
In the event that an error has occurred, or the link between Wavebid and the bidding platform has been broken, the sale data may need to be imported manually.
Manually importing sale data consists of two parts: importing buyers and importing sale information. Two separate spreadsheets will need to be formatted, uploaded and mapped in order to import this data.
Formatting a Spreadsheet
When importing spreadsheets into Wavebid, the column headers do not need to correspond to fields found in Wavebid, but the process will be easier and faster if they do.
To import buyer and sale information, the spreadsheets must be saved as a Comma-Separated Value (.CSV) file type. To view a sample .CSV file, use the Wavebid Sample Data Set available in Wavebid under Help > Resources.
The buyer information spreadsheet must contain at least the buyer's First Name, Last Name, and Bidder Number.
- The First Name and Last Name must be separate columns.
- Additional columns can be listed on the spreadsheet, such as Email Address, Address 1, City, State, and Zip Code.
- Only columns that are mapped will be imported.
If an online premium is being charged, the Buyer spreadsheet will also need to contain an Online column. A "1" will need to be entered into that column next to each online bidder. This indicates to Wavebid that the buyer needs to be charged the online premium, if one has been included in the Auction Settings.
- Bidders that are auto-imported at the end of a sale are automatically marked as 'Online'.
Sale Info Spreadsheet
The sale information spreadsheet must contain at least the Lot #, Selling Price, and Bidder Number.
- The Selling Price should not contain any dollar signs or commas.
- Additional columns can be listed on the spreadsheet.
- Only columns that are mapped will be imported.
Uploading a Spreadsheet
To upload buyer information, navigate to the appropriate auction on the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Buyers.
To upload sale information, navigate to the appropriate auction on the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Sale Info.
Buyer information should always be imported first. Both spreadsheets will need to be imported in order to properly generate invoices.
The Lot Import page will open. Select upload options:
- Has header row?: This default setting assumes the first row of the spreadsheet is a header row containing column titles. If this is not the case, uncheck this box.
- Do not overwrite existing lots: This setting adjusts to add new lot numbers and their data rather than updating existing lots in Wavebid. The imported spreadsheet will overwrite any lot details unless this box is checked. The default is for this box to be unchecked.
- Delimiter: Unless otherwise specified by the bidding platform, files should be saved as a .CSV file type and will use COMMA (default).
Click the Choose File button, select the spreadsheet file to upload, and click the Upload button.
After uploading the spreadsheet, mapping will need to be confirmed. Mapping determines what spreadsheet column will be pulled into which Wavebid field.
Mapping data should be reviewed each time a spreadsheet is imported.
Spreadsheet column headers are listed under Your Headers on the left, with the Mapped to field to its right. The Mapped to field is auto-filled based on the column's name.
For fields that did not auto- map, mapping can be done manually by dragging and dropping any of the blue Wavebid headers (on the right side of the page) to the applicable Mapped to field.
When mapping buyer information, the bidder's First Name, Last Name, and Bidder Number must be mapped. First Name and Last Name must be separate columns.
If an Online column was included on the spreadsheet, map it to the Online Wavebid header.
When mapping sale information, at a minimum, the Lot #, Selling Price, and Bidder Number must be mapped. The Selling Price should not contain any dollar signs or commas.
Once mapping is complete, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Import button.
Once the Import button is clicked, the import process cannot be stopped or reversed.
If there were any issues, they will be displayed when the import is complete. If there were problems with the import, the data will not be updated.
"Error: Error trying to send catalog file. New token required! Please return to the Proxibid AuctionBuilder Bulk Loader and obtain a new token."
The error above may occur when attempting to export to Proxibid or import from Proxibid. If the user's Proxibid password was changed, a new Token also needs to be obtained in Proxibid. That new Token will need to be entered in Wavebid under My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export in order to re-link the accounts. For more information, see Proxibid Integration.
Items that need to be listed as "Unsold" will need a blank selling price (and Extended Price) in order to be marked correctly in Wavebid. Lots with a selling price of $0 will not appear as unsold. After importing sale data, lots with a blank selling price will appear on the Unsold Lots List.
No Columns Were Found
The message below is likely to appear if the file selected for upload was not a .CSV file type. Try saving the file as a .CSV (comma delimited) and attempt to upload again.
Line Processing Error
If the Selling Price field contains a dollar sign or a comma, the system will report an error. Remove all dollar signs and commas from the spreadsheet and attempt to upload again.
The quickest way to remove these symbols is to:
- Highlight all of the fields in the spreadsheet using Excel.
- Change the formatting to 'Currency'.
- Change the formatting again to 'General'.
- Save the spreadsheet and re-upload.