This article describes the process using a Pick-list for checkout, which can make an auction site more secure by making it more difficult for bidders to leave with unpaid items.
Enable Checkout Page
The Pick-list is always on by default, but its counterpart, the Checkout page, is not. Follow the steps below to enable this feature.
- Navigate to My links > Company > Profile, and click on the Preferences tab.
- Click on Online Checkout menu option on the left side of the page.
- Check the Show Checkout Pages box.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
- Navigate to Accounting > Checkout to access the the Checkout page.
- Navigate to the applicable invoice. Click the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page and select Printable Pick-List.
- This will generate a PDF of the Pick-list, which can be printed. The Pick-list will have a list of the items a buyer has purchased, along with a barcode to identify each lot.
This can be given as a form of a "Release" for the items purchased, to be checked at the gate.
The Checkout page is where the checking of the items actually happens. The person standing at a company's "Thresh hold" can pull up this page on their device, in addition to a scanner.
- The Checkout page can be found by navigating to Accounting > Checkout.
- Once on the Checkout page, scan or enter the Invoice Number.
- Configure the Checkout Options on the right side of the page. Select a Status, Carrier Type, and Carrier Name, if needed.
- Now, while in the Lots field, individually scan each barcode on the Pick-list, or the items themselves (if using our barcode feature) as the buyer exits the event. If a barcode is scanned on this page that does not belong to the buyer, a message will pop up noting that the item does not belong to that buyer, based on the Pick-list.
This page allows companies to track which items have sold, and where they are located. For example, the page can be used to determine if an item has shipped, been picked up, etc., as well as confirming that the item belongs to the buyer.