Setting default Company Preferences for accounting/cataloging saves time when creating new auctions. This article describes the options/settings found under the company's Preferences tab.
This article contains the following sections:
- Updating Company Preferences
- New Auction Default Tab
- Invoice Tab
- Seller Invoice Tab
- Cataloging Tab
- Online Checkout Tab
- Watermark Tab
Updating Company Preferences
Company Preferences can be viewed/edited by navigating to My Links > Company > Profile and then clicking on the Preferences tab.
Users should be sure to click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save any changes made to the company's Preferences.
Any changes made to a company's Preferences will only impact auctions created after those changes are saved.
Auctions created prior to updating a company's Preferences will need to be updated within the settings for each of those auctions.
New Auction Default Tab
- Buyer's Premium: These options determine the default Buyer's Premium set for each new auction.
- For more information, see Buyer's Premiums.
- Default Online Premium for New Auctions: A fixed percentage charged on invoices to bidders flagged as being "Online".
- Default Online Premium Cap: A limit to the amount charged for the Online Premium.
- Default CC Premium for New Auctions: An additional Buyer's Premium charged to bidders paying with a credit card. The CC Premium is a percentage of the total hammer price and will appear as "Additional BP" on the invoice.
- Default Convenience Fee for New Auctions: A fee charged to bidders paying with a credit card. The Convenience Fee is a percentage of the hammer price + any other Buyer's Premiums + taxes, if applicable. This fee is applied to the invoice total and will be listed as "Convenience Fee".
- There cannot be both a Convenience Fee and a CC Premium.
- Default Premium Cap for New Auctions: A limit the amount charged for Buyer's Premium.
- Is the Buyer's Premium Taxable?: Check this box if the Buyer's Premium should be taxed.
- Is the Convenience Fee Taxable?: Check this box if the Convenience Fee should be taxed.
- Default Tax Code for New Auctions: Click the Select Tax Code button to select a default tax code.
- For more information, see Creating Tax Codes.
- Default GST Percent for New Auctions: Sets the Goods and Services Tax (GST) percentage for the auction.
- Default GST to Inclusive for New Auctions: Sets the GST as inclusive.
- Default Starting Bid for New Auctions: Sets the starting bid value for all lots.
- Show Advanced Auction Attribute Tab: Adds the Adv. Attribute Settings tab to the auction settings. This tab includes the option for setting more specific auction settings.
- For more information, see Advanced Auction Attributes.
- Add Ability to Use Deposits: Turns on the option for entering registration deposits from bidders.
- For more information, see Registration Deposits.
- Default Payment Gateway: To set the Payment Gateway at the company level. A Payment Gateway allows companies to run credit card payments through Wavebid.
- Display the 'Pay Now' Button on Customer Invoices: Add a button to the invoice that allows bidders to pay for their lots online. For more information on this feature, see How Can My Bidders Pay Online in Wavebid?
- Default Email Template for Invoice Emails: Select the email template to be used when sending invoices via email through Wavebid. For more information, see Emailing Invoices.
Seller Invoice Tab
- Selecting any of the first 5 Hide options under the Seller Invoice tab will prevent that particular item from displaying on Seller Settlements.
- Turns on Seller Invoice Processing: Turns on the processing of Seller Settlements. Seller Settlements will automatically be generated as lots as clerked. Turning on this feature when clerking a large auction may slow down clerking.
- For more information, see Seller Settlements.
- Turns on the Processing of the Buyer's Premium for Display to Sellers: This turns on the processing of Buyer's Premiums for display to Sellers. Only turn this on if Buyer's Premiums need to be shown to Sellers.
- Default Email Template for Seller Settlement Emails: Select the email template to be used when sending Seller Settlements via email through Wavebid.
- For more information, see Emailing Seller Settlements.
- Automatically Check-In Permanent Sellers: Turn on to automatically check Sellers into an auction if their Seller Code is added to a lot.
- Default Lot Builder Page: Select which tool to use to build a catalog. Lot Builder is the default.
- Photo Management- Show Filenames: This will display the filename of the image when using the Photo Management tool. The default is for this option to be enabled.
- Photo Management- Advanced Move: This will allow for the use of Advanced Move capabilities when using the Photo Management tool. The default is for this option to be enabled.
- Do Not Export Reserve Values: Any Reserve amounts entered during cataloging will not be exported to bidding platforms if this option is enabled. This excludes any .CSV integrations and any universal exports.
Online Checkout Tab
For information on using Online Checkout for online auctions, see Online Checkout.
For information on adding a watermark to photos, see Watermarking Photos.