When emailing invoices via Wavebid, an email template can be drafted that will be sent out along with the invoice. This article describes the process for creating and Invoice Email Template and then selecting for an auction. For information on emailing invoices via Wavebid, see Invoices Page. For email troubleshooting information, see the Troubleshooting section of the Integrating Email article.
Create Invoice Email Template
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Admin Email Templates.
- To edit an existing template, select it using the drop-down at the top of the page.
- Select Invoice from the Type drop-down.
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Enter Notes, if desired. Notes can be used to differentiate between various templates and are not visible in the email or on the invoice.
- Click the Template field and type the body of the email. The field is HTML formatted, so the text can be resized and organized as needed.
- Click on any of the Variable fields from the right side of the page to place them in the body of the email template. These fields will automatically populate based on auction and customer date.
- If the "Pay Now" button is being used on the invoice, the Invoice URL Variable will need to be added to the body of the Template to provide a link to the invoice. For more information regarding the "Pay Now" button, see Customizing Emailed Invoices.
- Links to other sites and documents can be included by clicking the small Link icon at the top of the Template field.
- Once the email template is complete, click the Save button in the top right corner of the page. The email will be sent with the invoice attached as a PDF. For information on emailing invoices via Wavebid, see Invoices Page.
- Example of an sent email:
Apply an Invoice Email Template to an Auction
To use a particular Invoice Email Template in an auction:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Invoices tab.
- Select the appropriate template from the Invoice Email Template drop-down on the right side of the page.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. For information on emailing invoices via Wavebid, see Invoices Page.