This article describes processes for managing invoices from the Invoice page in Wavebid, including changing the view of invoices on the page, refreshing invoices, and color coding invoices in order to more easily track which ones have been paid. For information on emailing invoices, see Emailing Invoices. For information relating to VAT, see International Wavebid Features.
This article contains the following sections:
The Invoices Page can be accessed by navigating to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then selecting Accounting > Invoices. The Invoices Page displays all of the invoices that have been generated for that auction.
The Search field can be used to search invoices for a particular name or paddle number. Invoices that meet the search requirements will appear on the invoice list below.
To search for a particular lot:
- Click on the Magnifying Glass icon in the top right corner of the page. A pop-up window will open.
- Enter a lot number into the Find Lot field. A list of matching lot numbers will appear.
- Click on the appropriate lot. The invoice containing that lot will open.
The Invoice page can be accessed by navigating to an applicable auction from the Dashboard, then selecting Accounting > Invoices. The page will display all of the invoices generated for the auction. Invoices can be filtered by using the Filter by unpaid drop-down on the left side of the page.
The columns on the Invoice page can be changed so that only the most relevant information is viewed.
To add or remove columns, click the Columns button on the right side of the page. Click on the Column Headers to add them to the view.
The Invoice page can be exported by clicking the Export button on the right side of the page and then selecting the export format.
Refreshing invoices is not the same as refreshing the internet browser.
To refresh invoices:
- Navigate to the Invoices Page for the applicable auction (Accounting > Invoices).
- Click the Refresh button in the top right corner of the Invoices page. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click the Refresh this page button to continue. This will push an update to all invoices.
Color Code Invoice Statuses
Companies have the option of setting up a color code system for tracking and organizing invoices on the Invoices Page. For example, paid invoices can appear in green, while unpaid invoices appear in yellow, and overdue invoices appear in red.
Create a Color Code
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Invoice Status.
- Enter a name for the Invoice Status into the Name field.
- Select a color. Colors can be selected in 3 ways:
- Drag the color selector to the left or right and then click on a color in the color scale panel.
- Click on the Dropper icon and hover over any color on the screen. Click to select.
- Type the color data into the RGB fields. Click the Arrows icon to the right of the RGB fields to enter the HSL or HEX data for the color instead. Click the Enter key to select.
- If desired, enter a description for the Invoice Status into the Description field.
- Click the Save button. The color will be added to the Invoice Status List.
- To edit an Invoice Status, click the Pencil icon to the right of the status.
- To delete an Invoice Status, click the X icon to the right of the status.
- The color code can only be used in auctions created after the changes are made.
Utilizing Color Code
- To use the color code to track the statuses of Invoices in an auction, navigate to the appropriate auction on the Dashboard and select Accounting > Invoices.
- Click on the Columns button in the top right corner of the page and make sure that the Status column has been selected.
- Once selected, the drop-down in the Status column can be used to color code Invoices based on their status.
For information on updating the status of invoices in bulk, see Bulk Update Invoices as Paid.
Invoice payment status can be viewed under Accounting > Invoices as described above. Invoice status can also be viewed in the Checkout Summary Report.
Checkout Summary Report
To view the report, navigate to the appropriate auction from the Dashboard and then select Accounting > Reports > Checkout Summary. Click on the Columns button in the top right corner of the page and make sure that the Status column header has been selected.
The Reconciliation report provides data similar to the Invoices Page and the Checkout Summary Report. The report displays the bidder number, invoice number, and payment information.
To access the Reconciliation report, navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Reports > Reco. Click on the invoice line to open the applicable invoice.
- Use the Search field at the top of the page to search for an item on the report.
- Click on the column headers to change the order of items as they appear on the report.
- Columns can be added or remove from the report by clicking the Columns button in the top right corner of the page. Click on a column header to add or remove it.
- To export the report, click the Export button in the top right corner of the page and then select the export type.
To view invoice information at a company level, see the 'Company Level' section of the Reports and Lists help article.