This article describes the process for listing a Wavebid auction on both Proxibid and BidSpotter, and for importing bidder and sale information back to Wavebid after the sale.
This article contains the following sections:
This process applies to Live auctions only. Timed auctions cannot be dual listed at this time.
When dual listing an event, the paddle numbers that are used on each bidding platform must be unique. For Example: Proxibid paddle numbers could range from 1000-2000, and BidSpotter paddle numbers could range from 3000-4000. These paddle numbers will need to be established in the bidding platforms directly, since these settings aren't controlled though Wavebid.
- Create a single auction in Wavebid and link it to Proxibid.
- After cataloging, export the auction to Proxibid.
- Once the export is complete, return to the Export page and download the .CSV file that was generated.
- Use the most recent timestamp link located on the right side of the page.
- Use the .CSV file that was generated from Wavebid to upload the catalog directly into the BidSpotter/GAP Toolbox system. To ensure the catalog is the same on both platforms, this step will need to be repeated every time an auction is exported to Proxibid.
Once the auction is complete, sales results can be imported from both platforms back into Wavebid for invoicing purposes.
Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Sale Info (Auto) and Import Buyer Info (Auto). This will automatically pull in Winning Bidder and Sale information from Proxibid.
Download the winning bidder and sale information directly from the GAP Toolbox.
Once the data from GAP Toolbox has been downloaded, follow the steps for manually importing sale data found in the Importing Post Sale Data help article.