Wavebid's auction workspaces contain a marketing option that can automatically help manage a company's marketing strategy, and generate a marketing poster of featured lots that can be posted anywhere. This article describes the process for creating marketing tasks and generating a digital poster.
The Tasks page is a place for you to manage your marketing strategy. Your tasks also appear under the Calendar tab, where you can easily move them to different days.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Tasks.
- From the Marketing Tasks page, click the Add New Task link under the desired task type (Online, Newspaper, Trade Journal, Direct Mail, Other).
- For example, to post an auction to Facebook, click the Add New Task link under the Online section. Please note that a user will need to link their Wavebid account with Facebook prior to being able to post an auction to Facebook via Marketing Task.
- A pop-up window will open. Select a task from the Task Type drop-down. (For Craigslist, select Email).
- New fields will appear. The fields that will appear vary depending on the type of task selected.
- Enter a Name for the task (ex. “Post Facebook reminder about auction”).
- Click in the Date field and use the Calendar pop-up to select a date for the task to be performed.
- The Hour and Minute switches can also be used to select a time.
- Click the Done button once the date and time have been selected.
- Complete the remaining fields as needed. Hover over the Information icon (i) next to the field to learn more about it.
- Click the Save button.
Company Task Setup
Most auctioneers have a marketing process they use for every auction. Wavebid's Company Task list is a list of Marketing Tasks that are automatically added to each individual auction.
The Company Task list works exactly like the standard Marketing Task list, but is applied every auction. Here’s how to find it. The Company Task list can be viewed by navigating to an auction from the Dashboard and then selecting Marketing > Tasks. Follow the steps below to create a Company Task list:
- Click on the Company Task Setup tab at the top.
- Create a list of the Marketing Tasks that should be performed before each auction by clicking the Add New Task link under the appropriate type of task (online, newspaper, journal, direct mail). You can also fill in the number of days prior to the auction that task should be completed.
When you are finished, if you would like your Company Tasks to appear on that individual auction’s task list, return to the Tasks tab. Click the Add Company Tasks button in the upper right. Your Company tasks will be added to the task list.
Note: you only need to create the Company Task list once. For future auctions, simply click Add Company Tasks (as in Step 5) and your Company tasks will be added to your new individual auction’s task list for the appropriate date.
Managing Auction Information
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Auction Info.
- Click the Choose File button to upload any brochures or flyers relevant to the auction. General company information can also be attached, even if a more formal flyer isn't available.
- Make a selection from the Should we build a description for this when posting it to our marketing partners? drop-down.
- Enter a Tag Line for your auction, if desired.
- Enter a Description for the auction. For example, types of items for sale, featured lots, location, date, time, etc. Enter all important auction details in the Description box, as this will improve searchability.
- Fill in any of the remaining fields as desired, including Auctioneer Notes, Location Notes, Terms & Conditions, etc. Wavebid automatically generates a Buyer’s Guide for users. The Terms & Conditions typed into the Auction Information tab automatically appear in the Buyer’s Guide. For more information, see Buyer's Guide.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Poster.
- The HTML code version of the poster appears on the left, while the right is a preview.
- To embed this poster on a company website, or anywhere else, click in the HTML field, select all of the text (Ctrl+A), and copy it (Ctrl+C).
- Paste (Ctrl+V) the text into the web page HTML wherever the digital poster should appear.