Wavebid's auction workspaces contain a marketing option that can automatically help manage a company's marketing strategy, and generate a marketing poster of featured lots that can be posted anywhere. This article describes the pages/features listed under an auction's Marketing menu.
Managing Auction Information
Information entered into the Marketing Auction Information page will be pushed out to other marketing platforms and is the same as the Marketing Info tab that appears under the auction's Edit Settings page.
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Auction Info.
- Click the Choose File button to upload any brochures or flyers relevant to the auction. General company information can also be attached, if a more formal flyer isn't available.
- Make a selection from the Build a description for posting to our marketing partners drop-down.
- Enter a Tag Line for the auction, if desired.
- Enter a Description for the auction. For example, types of items for sale, featured lots, location, date, time, etc. Enter all important auction details in the Description box, as this will improve searchability.
- Fill in any of the remaining fields as desired, including Auctioneer Notes, Location Notes, Terms & Conditions, etc. The Terms & Conditions typed into the Auction Information tab will feed over to the Buyer’s Guide, if one is created. For more information, see Create a Buyer's Guide.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
The Marketing Calendar displays Marketing Tasks that have been run, as well as upcoming tasks that were added via the Company Task Setup.
Company Task Setup
Many auctioneers have a marketing process that is followed for every auction. Wavebid's Company Task list is a list of Marketing Tasks that are automatically added to each individual auction.
The Company Task list works exactly like the standard Marketing Task list, but is applied to every auction.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Tasks.
- Click on the Company Task Setup tab at the top of the page.
- Create a list of the Marketing Tasks that should be performed before each auction by clicking the Add New Task link under the appropriate type of task (online, newspaper, journal, direct mail). Enter the number of days prior to the auction that task should be completed.
Once tasks have been entered, click on the Tasks tab at the top of the page.
Click the Down Arrow (Add Company Tasks) in the top right corner of the page. Any Company Tasks will be added to the task list.
Note: The Company Task list only needs to created once. For future auctions, simply click the Add Company Tasks button (Step 5) and the Company Tasks will be added to the new individual auction’s task list for the appropriate date.
For information on email templates, see Marketing Email Templates.
Wavebid automatically generates a digital poster that can be used to market an event.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Poster.
- The HTML code version of the poster appears on the left, while the poster displays on the right.
- The poster cannot be altered.
- To embed this poster on a company website, or anywhere else, copy all of the text from the HTML field and paste it into the web page HTML wherever the digital poster should appear.
For information on surveys, see Marketing Survey.
For information on tasks, see Marketing Tasks.
The Widget features provides users with a link to all of their Upcoming, Active, Completed, and/or Archived Wavebid auctions.
Completed and Archived events must have an end date in order to be pulled in by the widget. Active and Upcoming events do not need to have end date to be pulled in by the widget, but will after the status changes to 'Completed'.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Widget.
- Use the Auction Category radio buttons to select which auctions to display. More than one option can be selected.
- Click the Update button to update the preview on the right side of the page.
- Use the Text Color and Background Color drop-downs to select the colors used to display the event information.
- Click the Update button to update the preview on the right side of the page. The preview will not display all of the events that will be pulled in by the widget.
- To embed the events to a site, copy all of the HTML text in the Widget Script field and paste it into into the web page HTML wherever the events should appear.