Running a Task
Marketing Tasks are used to push Wavebid auction content to integrated marketing sites, such as AuctionZip, or a company website. For information on setting up Wavebid to link to an outside marketing site, see the Marketing Guide.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Tasks.
- From the Marketing Tasks page, click the Add New Task link under the desired task type (Online, Newspaper, Trade Journal, Direct Mail, Other).
- For example, to post an auction to Facebook, click the Add New Task link under the Online section. Please note that a user will need to link their Wavebid account with Facebook prior to being able to post an auction to Facebook via Marketing Task.
- For the Wavebid Plugin, click the Add New Task link under the Online section.
- A pop-up window will open. Select a task from the Task Type drop-down.
- For Craigslist, select Email.
- New fields will appear. The fields that appear vary depending on the type of task selected.
- Enter a Name for the task (ex. “Facebook reminder about auction”).
- Click in the Date field and use the Calendar pop-up to select a date for the task to be performed.
- The Hour and Minute switches can also be used to select a time.
- Click the Now button to have the task run immediately.
- Click the Done button once the date and time have been selected.
- Complete the remaining fields as needed.
- Hover over the Information icon (i) next to the field to learn more about it.
- Click the Save button. The task will appear on the Marketing Tasks page.
- Once the task is complete, 'Done' will appear in the Status column.
- If any errors were encountered, they will appear in the Result column.
- To remove a task from the list, click the X to the left of the task. Deleting the task will not undo the task.
To automatically schedule Marketing Tasks, see the 'Company Task Setup' section of the Marketing help article.