Sequencing refers to the order in which lots will appear on a bidding platform. Wavebid allows for edits to be made to the sequencing of lots by overriding the numerical order specified by the actual lot numbers. For example, rather than seeing lots 1-5 in numerical order, they can be re-sequenced to appear in a new order: Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 5, Lot 3, Lot 4. This article describes where an auction's current lot sequencing can be viewed, as well as the various methods for editing the lot sequence. These methods work better for re-sequencing a smaller number of lots. To re-sequence or re-number all lots, see Bulk Lot Number Change. To move lots to another auction, see Move Lots to Another Auction.
View Lot Sequence
An auction's current lot sequencing information can be viewed in multiple locations:
- Auction Preview: The lots will be displayed according to the current sequence. Enable the Sequence Number column to view the current sequence order. For more information, see Auction Preview.
- Lot Builder: After saving a lot, click the Left Arrow or the Right Arrow in the top right corner of the screen to see the previous or next lot in the sequence. To learn more, visit the Lot Builder help article.
- Clerking: When clerking with the Cataloged option selected in Auto Advance, the first un-clerked lot in the sequence will load. Once the entire catalog has been clerked, Wavebid will stop loading lots. (To confirm/change this option, navigate to the auction from the Dashboard, select Accounting > Clerk this Auction. Select Cataloged from the Auto Advance drop-down.)
- When exporting to a bidding platform, the lots will follow the specified lot order as long as the platform supports this feature.
- The CSV file stored in the Export page will also contain the lots ordered according to the sequence, overriding the numerical order.
Confirm that lot sequencing is correct prior to exporting an auction to any bidding platform.
To re-sequence lots, navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and select Auction > Catalogs > Sequence Lots. There are multiple options for re-sequencing lots.
Sequencing by Lot Number
To set lot sequence to match the lot number, click on the Re-sequence by Lot Number button in the top right corner. A pop-up window will open. Click Ok to confirm. All lots will be arranged according to their lot number. If any lots are lettered (1A, 1B, 2, 3A), they will be sequenced by the digit first, letter second. The sequence positions will always be numerical values. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save.
The Reorder Panel appears on the left side of the page. Enter the sequence position followed by the lot number, repeating until all the desired lots are sequenced. Click the Reorder button for changes to take effect. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save. Do not leave gaps in the sequencing or lots may be automatically re-sequenced to fill those gaps.
- Lots that are not moved via the Reorder Panel will remain in their previous sequence. For example, if an auction has 100 lots and the Reorder Panel is just used to re-sequence lots 1-5, lots 6-100 will remain in their previous sequence.
The Sequence column will reflect the current lot sequencing. Delete the current sequence number and replace with a new one to re-sequence. Click the Reorder button in the top right corner of the page for changes to take effect. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save.
Drag and Drop
Lots can be dragged and dropped into new positions. Hover over the desired lot, click on it and then drag it to the new position. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save.