This article describes the process for creating a new auction in Wavebid. It also contains information on copying/duplicating an auction.
For information on creating auctions that span multiple says, see Multi-Day Auctions. For information on creating auctions that will be exported to multiple bidding platforms, see Integrating with Multiple Bidding Platforms.
For more in-depth information on the various options within the Auction Settings tabs, see Auction Settings.
Create a New Auction
- Login to Wavebid.
- From the Dashboard, click the Hammer icon in the upper right corner.
- On the Auction Info page, enter the auction details. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Name: The name of the auction. This information will appear in all invoices.
- Address: Enter the address where the auction will take place, or select an address from the Select Address drop-down.
- Auction Photo: Click the Choose File to select a photo. Photos must be JPEG or PNG file type.
- Coordinator: The user managing the sale in the system. Select a Coordinator from the drop-down. All company users will be listed in the drop-down.
- Sales Manager: Select a Sales Manager from the drop-down. All company users will be listed in the drop-down.
- Lock Auction: When enabled, this feature prevents any users from making changes to the auction. Only Admins have the ability to unlock a locked event. Once unlocked, edits can be made as usual.
- Is Auction Sold?:
- Estimates: Enter the number of Lots and Videos that are likely to be in the auction.
- Restrict to Coordinator & Admins: As a security measure, the default is for this feature to be enabled. If a user is not a Coordinator or an Administrator, the auction will not appear in their Dashboard. To make the auction visible to the user, there are a few options:
- Make the user the auction's Coordinator.
- Grant the user the COMPANY_ADMIN role in the permissions page.
- Disable this option entirely, making the auction visible for all company users.
- Private: Only users logged in to Wavebid will be able to see the auction. This is the default.
- Secret Key Protected: A key is set, then Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page. A user without a Wavebid account can type in the key and then view the catalog.
- Public - No Catalog: Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page. Anyone with the link can view the photos for the lots.
- Public: Wavebid creates a link to an Auction Preview page and anyone with the link can view the full catalog.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab:
- Select the Auction Software from the drop-down.
- Select the desired format from the Auction Preview Page drop-down. For more information, see Auction Preview.
- Type the date of the auction into the Start Date field or click in the field and select a date from the Calendar tool. Use the Hour and Minute switches to select a time. Once the date and time are selected, click the Done button.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the screen to save the auction.
- The auction will now be visible on the Dashboard. Whether the auction appears on the Upcoming, Active, or Completed tabs depends on the Start Date selected. For more information, see Navigating Wavebid.
For information on the various options within the Auction Settings tabs, see Auction Settings.
Copy/Duplicate an Auction
An entire auction cannot be duplicated in Wavebid. The best way to "duplicate" or "copy" an auction is to create a new auction, edit the Auction Settings so that they match the original auction, and then copy the lots from the original auction into the duplicate auction. For steps on copying lots, see the Move/Copy Multiple Lots section of the Move Lots to Another Auction article.
Delete an Auction
To completely delete an Auction and everything in it:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Trashcan icon in the top right corner of the page.
- A pop-up window will open. Type the word "DELETE" into the window to confirm that the sale and its contents should be deleted. Click the Yes, I'm Sure button.
- The auction has been deleted, including all pictures, videos, and sale data that is present for this sale.