This article describes the process for creating and using templates in Lot Builder, which are used to quickly populate frequently used verbiage. This feature is not available in Wavebid Mobile.
This article contains the following sections:
Creating a Template
Templates can be created in Lot Builder to quickly populate verbiage that is frequently used in lot descriptions. This can include terms and conditions, information about item pick-up or shipping, as well as any other information that is consistently added to lots created in Lot Builder.
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Lot Templates.
- The drop-down box at the top of the page will automatically default to Create New Template.
- To edit an existing template, select that template from the drop-down.
- To delete an existing template, select that template from the drop-down and then click the Delete button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter a Name for the template.
- If the category will always be the same, click the Add New link to select a category. If the template will be used for multiple categories, leave this blank.
- Enter the verbiage to be used in each lot. The HTML options can be used to customize the text. The text entered here will appear in the Description field for each lot.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
Using a Template
- Navigate to the event from the Dashboard, then select Catalogs > Lot Builder.
- Select Basic Templates from the Templates drop-down and then double-click on the desired template.
- The Category may need to be expanded before the desired template can be selected.
- The text entered into the template will populate in the Description field. The rest of the lot details can then be entered and saved.