This article provides a list of tasks new Wavebid users may want to complete prior to running their first auction in order to help things run more smoothly.
- Update your company profile. Your company profile contains your company name, contact information, and logo. Wavebid uses the information on your profile page to populate various fields across the site, such as on invoices.
- Integrate your email. Wavebid allows companies to integrate their email into the site so that communications set to bidders, such as invoices, come from your company email address rather than a no-reply email address.
- Integrate your payment gateway. If you're planning on taking online payments, you'll need to integrate your Wavebid account with an approved payment gateway before bidders will be able to pay their invoices online. You will also need to turn on the Pay Now button and select a default invoice email template.
- Link your Wavebid account to your online bidding platform. If you're planning on posting your auctions to an online bidding platform, such as Proxibid, you'll need to link your Wavebid account with your online bidding platform account before you'll be able to post auctions to that site.
- Set up your employee user accounts. If you have multiple people who will need to access Wavebid for cataloging, clerking, etc. you will need to create an account for each of those users. Only one user can be logged into an account at any given time.
- Download the Wavebid Mobile app. If you are interested in cataloging in Wavebid (rather than importing a catalog) you may wish to download the Wavebid Mobile app so that you catalog on the go.
- Import your customer list. If you have a list of buyers and sellers you work with regularly, you can import those customers into Wavebid to save time when checking those customers in to your first auction.
- Familiarize yourself with the Wavebid Help Center. While Wavebid does offer live support M-F, 8:00AM - 8:00PM CT, and Sat-Sun 8:00AM - 3:00PM CT, the Wavebid Help Center is available 24/7. The Wavebid Help Center contains over 150 help articles, along with a series of guides/checklists and frequently asked questions that provide in-depth instructions on most every aspect of Wavebid.