This article discusses the difference between Company Level and Auction Level Invoice Templates, how to create new Invoice Templates, and how to manage Invoice Templates.
For more specific information on the various Invoice Template settings, see Invoice Settings. For information on the Notes field on the invoice, see Editing Invoices. To add a bidder's shipping address to the invoice, see Invoice Shipping Address.
Company Level vs. Auction Level
Wavebid has one global default Invoice Template. This default template is the same at the company level and the auction level. This default template can be edited at either level, and any number of additional templates can be created. Invoice Templates selected at the company level will be applied to all auctions, unless a different Invoice Template is chosen at the auction level. Changes made to an Invoice Template at the auction level will not flow back to the company level, meaning they will only impact that specific event. Auction level Invoice Templates will override company level Invoice Templates.
Company Level Invoice Templates
View Company Level Invoice Templates
Company level Invoice Templates can by accessed by navigating to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Invoice Settings.
Available Invoice Templates are listed on the Invoice Settings page alphabetically. There is no limit to the number of Invoice Templates that can be created and stored here.
A standard default Invoice Template is automatically loaded into every company account. Changes do not have to be made to this default template. If this template is left unchanged, Invoice Templates can still be set up at the auction level, which will only impact those specific events.
One Invoice Template must be selected as the default at all times. This default template will be used for emailed invoices. Setting a new default automatically removes the old one as default. A default template cannot be deleted until a new default is selected.
Create a New Company Level Invoice Template
- To create a new Invoice Template, click on the Plus icon in the top right.
- Enter a title for the Template into the Invoice Name field (required).
- Make selections under each of the Invoice Settings tabs to adjust the settings. The Invoice Settings article provides more specific information on the various Invoice Template settings.
- To set the new template as the company default, check the Default box.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save.
- The new Invoice Template will be added to those listed on the Invoice Settings page. Changes made to Company Level Invoice Templates will only affect auctions created after changes are made. Existing auctions will remain unchanged unless changes are made to Invoice Templates at the auction level.
Manage Company Level Invoice Templates
- Click the Star icon to the right of a template to make it the default. Setting a new default automatically removes the old one as default.
- Click the Pencil icon to the right of a template to edit a template.
- Click the X icon to the right of a template to deactivate a template. The default template cannot be deactivated until a new default is selected.
- Click the Trashcan icon to the right of a template to delete a template. A default template cannot be deleted until a new default is selected.
Auction Level Invoice Templates
- Navigate to the appropriate auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Select the Invoices tab.
- Select a template from the drop-down in the Invoice Settings panel. If a selection is not made, the default Company Level Invoice Template will display.
- Make any desired changes to the settings. The Invoice Settings article provides more specific information on the various Invoice Template settings.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner to save the auction. Changes made to Invoice Settings at the auction level will not flow back to the company level, meaning they will only impact that specific event. Changes will impact any unpaid invoices related to that auction. Invoices that have a full or partial payment applied will not be impacted.