What is a Pick-List?
Wavebid enables auction companies to create Pick-lists in order to help track sold items and to make it more difficult for bidders to leave with unpaid items.
The Pick-list can be given as a form of a "Release" for the items purchased, to be checked at the auction house gate.
Pick-lists are populated based on clerking data or imported post sale data. If a lot appears on a winning bidder's Pick-list that shouldn't be there, the item will need to be re-clerked to the correct bidder in order to be removed from the incorrect Pick-list.
Enable the Checkout Page
The Pick-list is always on by default, but its counterpart, the Checkout page, is not. Follow the steps below to enable this feature:
- Navigate to My links > Company > Profile.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Click on Online Checkout menu option on the left side of the page.
- Check the Show Checkout Pages box.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Checkout to access the the Checkout page.
Generate a Pick-List
Print an Individual Pick-List
- Navigate to the applicable invoice. Click the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page and select Printable Pick-List.
- This will generate a PDF of the Pick-list, which can be printed. The Pick-list will have a list of the items a buyer has purchased, along with a barcode to identify each lot.
Print Pick-Lists in Bulk
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Invoices.
- Click on the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page and then select All Printable Pick-List.
- This will generate a PDF of all the Pick-lists, which can be printed. Each Pick-list will have a list of the items a buyer has purchased, along with a barcode to identify each lot.
The Checkout page is where the items are actually checked out. The person standing at a company's "Threshold" should pull up this page on their device, along with a barcode scanner.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Checkout.
- At the top of the page, scan or enter the Invoice Number.
- Configure the Checkout Options on the right side of the page. Select a Status, Carrier Type, and Carrier Name, if needed.
- Click on the Lots field and individually scan each barcode on the Pick-list, or on the items themselves (if using Wavebid's barcode feature) as the buyer exits the event.
- If a barcode is scanned on this page that does not belong to the buyer, a message will pop up noting that the item does not belong to that buyer.
This page allows companies to track which items have sold, and where they are located. For example, the page can be used to determine if an item has shipped, been picked up, etc., as well as confirming that the item actually belongs to the buyer.
The shipping status of lots will report to the auction's Priced Inventory Sheet to allow tracking of pickup/shipped items.
Use the Columns button to add the Invoice Shipping Status column to the report to see the status of lots. For more details on managing the Priced Inventory Sheet, see Reports and Lists.