BidSpotter and Wavebid provide an integration allowing users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in sale results directly from BidSpotter to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking a Wavebid account and/or auction with BidSpotter, exporting an auction to BidSpotter, and importing bidder and sale data to Wavebid.
Linking an Account
The linking process itself only needs to be done once. However, if a user changes their BidSpotter (GAP) password, they will need to update that information in Wavebid (per the instructions below) before auctions can be imported or exported.
The fastest way to link Wavebid to BidSpotter is to have both the GAP Toolbox and Wavebid open in separate browser windows and switch back and forth.
Only users with Admin abilities will be able to link the company Wavebid account to Bidspotter.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export.
- From the Select an Export Format drop-down, choose BidSpotter (GAP).
- Enter the GAP Toolbox account username in the GAP Username field.
- Enter the GAP Toolbox account password in the GAP Password field.
- Enter the GAP Client ID.
- The GAP Client ID can be found under the BidSpotter Toolbox > Settings labeled as the URL name. The URL Name is the GAP Client ID.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
Linking an Auction
After linking an account, auction workspaces can be linked under the Auction Attributes page to pass information to BidSpotter.
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and then select Auction > Edit Auction and enter the following information
- On the Auction Attributes tab, select Bidspotter from the Auction Software drop-down.
- Enter the Bidspotter Reference ID in the GAP Reference ID(Manual) field.
- To locate, open Bidspotter and navigate to the auction's Auction Details page or create a auction (if one does not yet exist for the sale).
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. This linking process will need to be done for every auction that is to be exported to BidSpotter.
Configuring BidSpotter Paddles
When looking to integrate a catalog to BidSpotter, Wavebid will need to have a listing to send the information to with certain settings activated.
Within the BidSpotter listing, the Numbers starting from option must be selected as the Paddle Type. This ensures that winning bidder information will be able to be linked to the winning lot/sale information.
- If Customer Reference is selected as the Paddle Type, bidder and sale data will have to be manually exported from BidSpotter and then manually imported into Wavebid.
Exporting an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Export Auction.
- Set the Lot Options. Export all lots or just a range of lots.
- Set the Catalog Options:
- The Generate Catalog box should be checked.
- The Data Mapping must be BidSpotter.
- The Save as .CSV box should be checked.
- Set the Photo Options:
- The Zip Photos box should be checked.
- The New Photos Only box should not be checked.
- If using Thumbnails, select a pixel size from the drop-down.
- Click the Export Auction button. Depending on the size of the catalog and how many photos are within each lot, the export process can take up to 15 minutes for the data to arrive in BidSpotter. The Export Monitor page will provide a status of the export and indicate whether or not it was successful. For more information, see Export Monitor.
Importing Bidders and Sale Data
Bidder registration and/or sale data can be pulled back into Wavebid once an auction starts, or as soon as it is finished.
Importing Bidder Registrations:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Buyer Info (Auto).
- This will import the winning and non-winning bidder data (ex. Bidder name, email, etc.) and check them into the auction.
Import Closing Sale Information:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Sale Info (Auto).
Fields that will be exported from Wavebid to BidSpotter:
|Lot Number||Lot Tax*|
|Lot Title||Buy It Now Price|
|Lot Description||Low Estimate|
|Lot Sequence/ Sale Order||High Estimate|
|Starting Price||Item Location**|
If a field is not included in the list above, it won't be transferred to Bidspotter. Adjustments may need to be made to those fields in BidSpotter directly.
- If a specific lot has a tax code defined, that tax rate will be included in the export to Bidspotter.
- If a tax code is set at the auction level in Wavebid, all the lots will assume that tax rate if an individual lot tax code hasn't been defined.
- If the lot or auction is listed as "tax exempt", the result will be a 0% tax in BidSpotter.
- If the auction doesn't have a tax code defined, the result will be a 0% tax in BidSpotter.
(United States and Canada Locations only)
- Item location fields can be accessed once a lot is categorized (ex. Coins & Currency)
- In order to set a lot location, the City, State, and Country fields must be completed.
- If a location is going to include information in either the Address field or the Postal/Zip Code field, then all the location fields must be completed to successfully export the lot. The export monitor will produce an error if only some location fields are completed.
- Known Issues:
- Some categories/sub-categories do not contain all of the location fields, or contain duplicates. Since Wavebid doesn't export categories/sub-category information to Bidspotter, select any category (ex. Coins & Currency) that contains the correct fields, even if that category does not necessarily suit the lot.
- Some Canadian provinces/territories are missing on either side of the integration (Wavebid or BidSpotter). Wavebid is working on syncing these lists to ensure they are all covered in the near future.
If a lot is deleted in Wavebid, it will automatically and immediately delete the corresponding lot in BidSpotter without the need for exporting.
An "error has occurred" message is received when trying to save an auction:
Verify that the BidSpotter password and account have not changed. If either have changes since linking with Wavebid, those credentials will need to be updated in Wavebid to re-link the accounts.
In addition, verify that the username/password are only tied to one BidSpotter log-in.
Nothing happens when attempting to Auto Import Buyer and Sale Info:
- The auction may not have been configured properly in BidSpotter. Check the Paddle Type field- the Numbers starting from option must be selected. If this was not set, the bidder and sale data can be imported into Wavebid manually. For more information on manual imports, see Importing Sale Data.
- Try refreshing the invoices to see if any additional invoices appear. If so, the system is working to create the details and may need more time to complete the process.
- If invoices still do not appear, import buyer information, then navigate to Accounting > Reports > Registered Bidders. If bidder information is listed, try to import sales information again.
Errors relating to item location:
If lot locations are being used, verify that the follow the rules listed above under Item Location.