Proxibid and Wavebid have an integration that allows users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in sale results directly from Proxibid to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking the accounts and exporting auctions from Wavebid to Proxibid.
Linking an Account
The linking process between Wavebid and Proxibid only needs to be done once. However, if a user changes their Proxibid password, a new Token will need to be generated. That Token information will then need to be updated in Wavebid.
An auction will need to be created in Proxibid prior to obtaining linking information.
Only users with Admin abilities in Wavebid will be able to link the company Wavebid account to Proxibid.
- Click Bulk Loader and select the listing from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Get Wavebid Linking Information link at the bottom of the page.
- The page will then load a Company ID, Auction ID, and Token.
- Copy all three pieces of information for the first connection.
- Only the Auction ID will be needed for future listing connections.
- Login to Wavebid.
- From the Dashboard, select My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export.
- In the Select an Export Format drop-down, select Proxibid.
- Type in the Company ID obtained from Proxibid.
- For Remote Password for Catalog Upload, enter Proxibid's Token.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
Linking an Auction
Connecting an auction will be needed for every workspace that needs integration abilities to Proxibid.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab, change the Auction Software drop-down to Proxibid.
- In the Proxibid Auction ID box, type in the Auction ID number obtained from Proxibid.
- This Auction ID cannot be used for multiple Wavebid auctions.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
Exporting an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Export Auction.
- Set the Lot Options. Export all lots or just a range of lots.
- Set the Catalog Options:
- The Generate Catalog box should be checked.
- The Upload Catalog box should be checked.
- The Data Mapping must be Proxibid. If custom mapping is selected, there is a risk that some of the lot information will not be transferred over.
- The Save as .CSV box should be checked.
- Set the Photo Options:
- The Zip Photos box should be checked.
- The New Photos Only box should not be checked.
- Click the Export Auction button. Please allow time to process and create the lots in their servers based on size and time of the export. The Export Monitor page will provide a status of the export and indicate whether or not it was successful. For more information, see Export Monitor.
- Once the CSV has been posted, the catalog will immediately become available on Proxibid, even if the pictures aren’t transferred yet.
NOTE: New lots can be added and existing lots can be updated via Wavebid, but any deletions should occur in Proxibid if lots have started collecting pre-bids.
Fields that will be exported from Wavebid to Proxibid:
|Lot Number||Lot Order (Sale Order/Sequence)||Lot Title|
|Lot Description||Lot Category||Metadata Fields (most)|
|Quantity||Starting Bid/Ask Price||Reserve|
|1 YouTube Video||Photos|
Importing Bidders and Sale Data
Once the auction is complete, closing data for bidders and sales can be automatically imported back into Wavebid for invoicing purposes.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Bidder Info (Auto). The Person Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
- Then, from the same Accounting menu, select Import Sales Info (Auto). The Lot Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful, and winning bidder and sale information should be imported. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
If, for some reason, the sale data needs to imported manually, see Importing Sale Data.
Error: Error trying to send catalog file. New token required! Please return to the Proxibid AuctionBuilder Bulk Loader and obtain a new token. Export incomplete
The error above may occur when attempting to export to Proxibid. If the user's Proxibid password was changed, a new Token also needs to be obtained in Proxibid. That new Token will need to be entered in Wavebid under My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export in order to re-link the accounts.
Error: Error trying to send catalog file. This user account does not have permission to edit the requested catalog. Export Incomplete.
The error above may occur when the incorrect Proxibid Auction ID has been entered in Wavebid. To correct the issue, navigate to the auction in Auction Builder and click on the Bulk Loader link on the left side of the page. Select the Catalog from the drop-down and then click the Get Wavebid Linking Information button. Take note of the Auction ID. Navigate to the auction on the Wavebid Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings. Under the Auction Attributes tab, enter the Auction ID from Proxibid into the Proxibid Auction ID field. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.