When importing a catalog into Wavebid, there is an option that can be used to merge the data from one column into the column before it. This is helpful when needing to add a location or other information to lot descriptions in bulk. This article describes the process for merging two columns/fields via spreadsheet in Wavebid.
This article contains the following sections:
- Create a spreadsheet containing the columns that need to be merged.
- This spreadsheet can be created from an original catalog import, an export of the catalog, or by downloading a .CSV copy of the Auction Preview.
- The spreadsheet should contain one column with the Lot Numbers and then the columns that need to be merged. No other columns are needed.
- The spreadsheet will need to be saved as a .CSV (comma-separated value) file type.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Catalogs > Import Catalog.
- Click the Choose File button and select the .CSV file.
- Click the Upload button.
- Map the Lot # column and the column that needs to have data merged into it (ex. Lot Description).
- Map the second column to the same header as first column. For example, to have the data from the Additional Description field added to the Lot Description field, both will need to be mapped to the Wavebid Description column header.
- It is not necessary to map any other columns. For more information on mapping, see Importing Catalogs.
- Check the Append to Previous checkbox next to the column to be merged.
- In the example below, clicking the Append to Previous checkbox to the right of the Additional Description column will add everything from the Additional Description field to the end of the text from the Lot Description field.
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the page. Once the import is complete, a confirmation will appear.
- Click the Preview Auction button to confirm changes appear as desired.