Wavebid understands the importance of sustaining quality seller/consignor relationships and has several tools to help users maintain seller records, create contracts, manage commissions, track seller inventory, issue Seller Settlements, and track seller payments.
To prepare for an event, Sellers can be imported or created at a company or auction level. While cataloging the event, the Seller's code can be added to the lot details to indicate it is part of that Seller's Inventory.
Sellers should be checked-in to an event before it starts. Once sellers are added to the event, confirm their contracts and commission rates are current.
After the event, Seller Settlements will be processed indicating what is owed to the Seller. These Seller Settlements can be printed or emailed. Seller checks can then be printed directly through the Wavebid system.
For information relating to Vendor Invoices or Vendor Summaries, see International Wavebid Features.
Below is a list of articles pertaining to sellers on Wavebid, along with a brief description of each article. If further assistance is needed with sellers, please contact email@example.com.
- Importing (Customers) Bidders and Sellers: This article describes the process for importing customer (bidders and sellers) data into Wavebid from an outside source.
- Seller Check-In: This article describes the process for checking sellers into an auction, and creating and checking in Permanent Sellers.
- Seller Contracts: This article describes the process for creating Seller contract templates.
- Seller Commissions: This article describes the process for setting up seller commissions at the company and auction level, as well as the process for creating commission scales and split guarantees.
- Seller Inventory: Once sellers have been checked-in, they need to be associated with their lots to ensure the proper commissions/rates are automatically applied to Seller Settlements. This article describes the process for enabling that feature and assigning sellers to lots.
- Seller Settlements: This article describes the steps for turning Seller Settlement processing on and off, features on the Seller Summary page, and steps for editing and printing Seller Settlements.
- Seller Expenses and Credits: This article describes the process for creating expense and credit codes, applying expenses or credits to a Seller Settlement, and reporting on expenses and credits that have been applied.
- Seller Deductions: This article defines seller deductions and describes the process for applying or deleting a seller deduction.
- Emailing Seller Settlements: Wavebid's email feature allows users to email a PDF copy of Seller Settlements out to sellers/consignors after an auction. This article describes the process for creating and managing Seller Settlement email templates as well as the process for sending Seller Settlements via email.
- Seller Payments: This article describes how Wavebid can be used to indicate that payments have been made to sellers.
- Printing Seller Checks: Wavebid offers a feature that allows Seller checks to be printed directly through the Wavebid system. This article describes the process for creating a check template, printing checks for individual or multiple sellers, and editing and/or re-printing checks.