Wavebid understands the importance of sustaining quality seller/consignor relationships and has several tools to help users maintain seller records, create contracts, track seller inventory, and issue Seller Settlements.
To prepare for an event, Sellers can be imported or created at a company or auction level. While cataloging the event, the Seller's code can be added to the lot details to indicate it is part of that Seller's Inventory.
After the event, Seller Settlements will be processed indicating what is owed to the Seller. These Seller Settlements can be printed or emailed. Seller checks can then be printed directly through the Wavebid system.
Below is a list of articles pertaining to sellers on Wavebid, along with a brief description of each article. If further assistance is needed with sellers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Importing Bidders and Sellers: This article describes the process for importing bidder and seller data into Wavebid from an outside source.
- Seller Check-In: This article describes the process for checking sellers into an auction, editing existing sellers, creating new sellers, and checking in permanent sellers.
- Seller Contracts: This article describes the process for creating and updating (refreshing) Seller contracts.
- Seller Commissions: This article describes the process for setting up seller commissions at the company and auction level, as well as the process for creating commission scales and split guarantees.
- Sales Manager Commissions: This article describes the process for setting up a commission for an auction's Sales Manager, and then running a report on that commission.
- Seller Inventory: Once sellers have been created, they can be associated with lots in an auction to ensure the proper commissions/contract terms are automatically applied to invoices and Seller Settlements. This article describes the process for enabling that feature and assigning sellers to entire auctions or individual lots.
- Seller Settlements: This article describes processes for turning Seller Settlement processing on and off, as well as features on the Seller Summary page and steps for editing Seller Settlements, including adding seller payments.
- Expenses and Credits: This article describes the process for creating expense and credit codes, applying expenses or credits to a Seller Settlement, and reporting on expenses and credits applied in an auction.
- Emailing Seller Settlements: Wavebid's email feature allows users to email a PDF copy of Seller Settlements out to sellers/consignors after an auction. This article describes the process for creating and managing Seller Settlement email templates as well as the process for sending Seller Settlements via email.
- Printing Office Checks: Wavebid offers a feature that allows Seller checks to be printed directly through the Wavebid system. This article describes the process for creating a check template, printing checks for individual or multiple sellers, and editing and/or re-printing checks.
- Seller Deductions: This article defines seller deductions and describes the process for applying or deleting a seller deduction.