This article describes the process for creating Seller contract templates. For information on Seller commissions, see Seller Commissions.
This article contains the following sections:
Create a Contract Template
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Seller Contract Templates.
- To edit an existing Contract Template, select the template from the drop-down at the top of the page.
- To start a new template, proceed with the steps below (if all the Contract Editor fields are blank) or click the Create New button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter a Name for the template and any Notes.
- Manually type contract verbiage into the Contract field.
- Variables can be inserted into the Contract field to create spaces for content to be pulled from the auction and seller information. Click on Variables from the table on the right side of the page to add them to the Contract field.
- In the example below, the text in yellow has been manually typed in, while the text in green has been added via the Variables on the right.
- Once complete, click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
- To delete a Contract Template, select it from the drop-down at the top of the page and then click the Delete button in the top right corner of the page.
- When the contract is applied to a seller, the Date Variables will be automatically populated by the current date.
- The Auction Variables will be automatically populated with information in the Auction Settings page.
- Seller and Commissions Variables will be automatically populated with information from the Auction > Sellers page.
The example below shows how a commission Variable ends up populating a contract:
The "Selling Price - Fixed % Per Item" variable is inserted into the Contract Template.
Once a Contract Template is selected, the seller's Commissions Tab information populates the "Selling Price - Fixed % Per Item" variable field.