Once sellers have been created, they can be associated with lots in an auction to ensure the proper commissions/contract terms are automatically applied to invoices and Seller Settlements. This article describes the process for enabling that feature and assigning sellers to entire auctions or individual lots.
Seller tracking must be enabled on an auction prior to assigning sellers to lots.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard and select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab, check the Assign Sellers(s) to lots? box.
- If the event is a single seller auction, enter the Seller Code into the Defaults field to the right. This will automatically assign that Seller Code to every lot in the auction. If the event has multiple sellers, leave the field blank.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. If a default seller is entered after lots have already been created for that auction, the seller information will need to be manually changed on those existing lots. Setting a default will only impact lots created after the default is saved.
Applying Sellers to Lots
Single Seller per Auction
If the event is a single seller auction, enter the Seller Code into the Defaults field as described in the section above. This will automatically assign this single seller code to all lots created for that auction.
Multiple Sellers per Auction
- Access the Lot Builder page by selecting Current Auction > Catalogs > Lot Builder.
- Create a new lot or select an existing lot from the Go to lot drop-down at the top of the page. For more information on creating lots, see Lot Builder.
- Scroll down to the Lot Details tab. The fields visible within this tab will vary based on selections made to the Auction's Attributes.
- Enter the Seller Code into the Seller field.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. If the seller has already been checked into the auction, their name and company will appear on the left side of the Lot Details tab. Click the Pencil icon to the right of the seller's name to be taken to that seller's check-in page.
- If the seller has not been checked-in yet, the name and company information will automatically update on the lot once they are checked-in.