Wavebid integrates with Twitter to support auction marketing right from a user's Twitter feed. This article describes the process for connecting Wavebid to Twitter and posting updates to a Twitter account.
This article contains the following sections:
Link an Account
- Login to the auction company's Twitter account.
- Open Wavebid in another browser window.
- In Wavebid, navigate to My Links > Company > Partner Management.
- Click on the Social Media tab.
- Next to the Twitter icon, click the Add Account link.
- Enter the Scope of the account:
- Company Wide: All the users of a company will be able to publish to this Twitter account. A user will need to have Company Admin authority in order to select this scope.
- User Only: Only the current Wavebid user will be able to publish to this Twitter account.
- Click Authorize Wavebid to use your Twitter Account button.
A pop-up window will appear. Click the Authorize App button and copy the pin number that appears.
- Return to the Wavebid page, and enter the PIN provided.
- Click the Save button. The Twitter account is now linked to Wavebid.
- Tweets can be created by running a Marketing Task that will automatically post to Twitter at the selected date and time.
Create a Marketing Task
A Marketing Task will need to be run in order to push a tweet to Twitter.
Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Tasks.
In the Online section, click the Add New Task link.
A pop-up window will open:
What type of task do you want to add?
- Select Twitter- Simple.
- Can be anything, ex. "Twitter post".
- When the task should run.
- Wavebid will not run the task automatically.
Twitter Account to Post to
- Select the External Account.
Text to Post
- Enter the text that should be posted along with the auction details.
- Select a photo to post along with the auction details.
- What type of task do you want to add?
- Click the Save button to run the task.
For more information on running Marketing Tasks, see Marketing Tasks.