The Wavebid Plugin allows users to host auction-related documents, such as sales flyers or property information packages, on their website. This article describes the process for uploading a document to a website via the Wavebid Plugin.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a Document
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Documents tab.
- Click on the Choose File button and select a file from the computer.
- If desired, enter a Description of the document.
- Enter a Display Name. This is the name that will appear when users click on the document to download it.
- Select the Type of document from the drop-down. This has little impact on the end product, but is required.
- Select Visibility from the drop-down. Private is off, while Public is on. Selecting Email Required will require that a user enter an email address before they can access the document. A link to the document will then be sent to the email address entered.
- Click the Upload button.
- The Upload button will change to a Disk icon. Click the Disk icon to Save the document itself.
- To add another document to the auction, click the Add link located below the Display Name field.
- To delete a document from an auction, click the Trashcan icon located to the right of the Visibility drop-down.
- Once all documents have been added and saved, click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to save the document(s) to the auction.
- Run a Marketing Task for that event to push the changes to the website. Marketing Tasks can take up to an hour to run. It is not recommended that users run back-to-back Marketing Tasks for the same event, as duplication may occur. Rather, wait for the change from one Marketing Task to be visible on the site before running another.
- Documents will appear on the website under the Documents tab on the Event Details page.