Creating a Buyer's Guide
The Buyer's Guide Columns section at the bottom of the screen shows the titles of all of the columns (attributes) that will display on the Buyer's Guide. Their order in this section, from left to right, will be their order on the final Buyer's Guide (in table format). Click and drag the column titles to change the order. Clicking on a column header in the Buyer's Guide Columns section will enable it to be re-named. Clicking the X will remove the column from the Buyer's Guide.
The columns in the example above will appear on the Buyer's Guide as listed below:
The Options section on the right side of the page allows for further customization of the Buyer's Guide.
- Hide Title Page: The default is for the Buyer's Guide to begin with a title page that contains the auction title and date as well as the company's name, address, and contact information. Check this box to hide the title page.
- Thumbnail Size: If the Thumbnail column header has been added to the Buyer's Guide Columns section, the first photo of each lot will be added to the Buyer's Guide table. The default size for these photos is 100x100. Select a larger number from the drop-down to increase the sizes of the photos as they appear in the Buyer's Guide. Only the first photo of each lot will be shown in the Buyer's Guide table. To have all lot photos included, the Include Photo Appendix box will need to be checked.
- Font Size: Select an option from the drop-down to increase or decrease the font size. Percentages higher than 100 will increase font size, while those lower will decrease font size.
- Sort Lots By: Select an option from the drop-down to determine the order in which lots will appear. The default is for lots to appear in their sequence number.
- Format Currency: Will format dollar amounts into an appropriate format. For example, a Low Estimate entered as "200" will appear in the Buyer's Guide as "$200.00" if this box is checked. If this box is not checked, the Low Estimate will appear as it was entered: "200".
- Include Photo Appendix: Checking this box will include a list of photos, by lot, following the Buyer's Guide table.
- Photo Appendix Thumbnail Size: If a photo appendix is being included in the Buyer's Guide, select a thumbnail size from the drop-down. Select a larger number from the drop-down to increase the sizes of the photos as they appear in the Photo Appendix.
- Show All Photos: Any photos that may appear as Thumbnails in the Buyer's Guide table will not also appear in the Photo Appendix unless the Show All Photos box is checked. If this box is checked, all lot photos will appear in the Photo Appendix, regardless of whether they already appeared in the Buyer's Guide table.
- Maximum Photo Limit: The default for this field is 500. While this number can be changed to allow for more photos to be added to the Buyer's Guide, increasing the number can slow upload times.
Once all of the columns and options have been selected, click the Build Buyer's Guide button at the bottom of the page. This will generate a PDF file in a new tab, which can be reviewed before downloading and/or printing.
Example of a Buyer's Guide Title Page:
Example of a Buyer's Guide:
Example of a Buyer's Guide Photo Appendix: