Wavebid offers the ability to post auction events to AuctionZip without having to manually download and upload files and images, thereby saving time and effort. This article describes the process for linking and posting to AuctionZip for marketing purposes. For information on syncing a catalog for bidding, see Invaluable/AuctionZip.
This article contains the following sections:
Link an Account
This process only needs to be done once.
- Login to AuctionZip.
- Click on the option to post to AuctionZip.
- In the Username entry box, type in the a Company Admin's Wavebid username.
- In a separate browser window, navigate back to Wavebid, then select My Links > Offline.
- Copy the Offline GUID (Global Unique ID) from the Your Offline Key field.
- In AuctionZip, paste the Offline Key copied from Wavebid into the OfflineGuid entry box.
- Click Submit.
- At this point Wavebid will connect to AuctionZip.
- Once the page refreshes, click on Activate.
- Enter the AuctionZip username and password.
Once this is done, the link to "Activate" will change to "Activated" and turn green.
Create a Marketing Task
A Marketing Task will need to be run in order to push auction details to AuctionZip.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Wavebid Dashboard, then select Marketing > Tasks.
- In the Online task section, click the Add New Task link.
- A pop-up window will open:
What type of task do you want to add?
- Select AuctionZip.
- Can be anything, ex. "AuctionZip post".
- When the task should run.
- Wavebid will not run the task automatically.
- What type of task do you want to add?
- Click the Save button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
- Once the Status is "Done", click the Click to Post to AuctionZip link.
- It may take a moment for the Status to change from "New" to "Done". The page may need to be refreshed to see the status change.
- Click the Submit Auction to Selected Sites button.
- Click the Continue button. This will send the sale over to AuctionZip servers. Listing should be visible on AuctionZip within approximately 30 minutes.
- On AuctionZip, click Publish to make the sale visible to the public.
For more information on running Marketing Tasks, see Marketing Tasks.