Wavebid offers the ability of marketing auction events to AuctionZip without having to manually download and upload files and images, thereby saving time and effort. This article describes the process for linking and posting to AuctionZip, and creating a Marketing Task. For information on syncing a catalog for bidding, see Invaluable/AuctionZip.
Create a Marketing Task
- From the Wavebid Dashboard, navigate to applicable auction and select Marketing.
- Click on Tasks from the Marketing menu.
- In the Online task section, click Add New Task.
- A window will pop-up:
- In the Select a task type dropdown menu, choose AuctionZip.
- Enter a Task Name.
- Enter a Date.
- This will be the date the task should be run.
- Please keep in mind Wavebid will not run the task automatically.
- Click Save.
Return to the Tasks page. The task can be run immediately or at a later time. To run the task immediately, click on Ready under the Status column and confirm this on the browser window that will appear.
To view the result of running the task, click on the Tasks tab at the top of the page. This will refresh the page with new information from the Wavebid database. Select the Click to Post to AuctionZip option.
Link to AuctionZip
This process only needs to be done the first time a sale needs to be posted from Wavebid.
- Click on the option to post to AuctionZip.
- In the Username entry box, type in the Wavebid username.
- In the OfflineGuid (GUID stands for "Global Unique Identifier") entry box paste the code copied from the Offline Key.
- Go to My Links > Offline and copy the code that appears in Your Offline Key. This code is the OfflineGUID needed to successfully link the accounts.
- Click Submit. At this point Wavebid will connect to AuctionZip.
- Once the page refreshes, click on Activate.
- Enter the AuctionZip username and password.
Once this is done, the link to "Activate" will change to "Activated" and turn green
Post to AuctionZip
- Verify that there is a checkmark to the left of the AuctionZip logo.
- Click Submit Auction to Selected Sites. This will send the sale over to AuctionZip servers. Listing should now be visible on AuctionZip.
- Click Publish to have the sale become visible to the public.