Auction Services customers recently received an email communication that Auction Technology Group (ATG) would be transitioning away from domain & web site hosting, website design, email management and DNS management through the Auction Services product, meaning those using these services will need to find an alternative partner or bring these services in house in the near future. Please reference the email you received for the full announcement, final days of service and any forms that may need to be completed.
We are working through these changes in a phased approach to ensure there is ample time to assist each client for a smooth transition:
- If you received your initial communication on March 15, 2022 your end of service date is May 30, 2022 and your hosted services, including website will be disabled beginning June 16, 2022.
- If you received your initial communication on May 9, 2022, your end of service date is June 30, 2022, and your hosted services, including website is anticipated/projected to be disabled beginning July 15, 2022.
What this means for your website:
- You will continue to have use/ownership of your website. However, the above-mentioned services will need to be transferred to a 3rd party website management agency or brought in house and managed internally through your own company by the final day of service.
- Wavebid, the tool you use to upload auctions and inventory to your website today, will remain available after Auction Services products are no longer supported. To continue to use Wavebid, you will need to find alternative support for domain hosting, DNS management and email management.
- For clients who currently use the AS4 Plug In to enable their live and or timed auctions, this plug in will continue to be supported by Wavebid.
Requested action on your behalf:
- Find and execute the “Auction Services termination agreement” located in the email you recently received to facilitate the transition of your services. You will find important dates in this email.
- Determine and notify us how you would like to manage your WordPress website and associated services, either:
- Internally through your auction company
- Third-party agency
- If you intend to continue to utilize the tool that you’re currently using to post auctions and inventory on your website (i.e., Wavebid), you will need to execute a new “Wavebid Plug-in agreement”, which can be sent as soon as “Auction Services termination agreement” has been executed.
To assist with this transition, we have provided links below to additional resources.
For further questions or if you need assistance through this process, please contact us by phone (540-206-3311) or email (email@example.com).