BidWrangler and Wavebid provide an integration allowing users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in sale results directly from BidWrangler to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking a Wavebid account and/or auction with BidWrangler, exporting an auction to BidWrangler, and importing bidder and sale data to Wavebid.
Linking an Account
The linking process itself only needs to be done once. However, if a user changes their BidWrangler password, a new Token will need to be generated. That Token information will then need to be updated in Wavebid.
Only users with Admin abilities will be able to link the company Wavebid account to BidWrangler.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export.
- From the Select an Export Format drop-down, choose BidWrangler.
- Enter the Endpoint for Automated Catalog Upload obtained from BidWrangler.
- Enter the BidWrangler Authentication Token obtained from BidWrangler.
Linking an Auction
Connecting an auction will be needed for every workspace that needs integration abilities to BidWrangler.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab, change the Auction Software drop-down to BidWrangler.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. Wavebid will automatically create the event in the BidWrangler system and the ID will appear in the BidWrangler Auction ID field.
Exporting an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Export Auction
- Set the Lot Options. Export all lots or just a range of lots.
- Set the Catalog Options:
- The Generate Catalog box should be checked.
- The Data Mapping must be BidWrangler.
- The Save as .CSV box should be checked.
- Set the Photo Options:
- The Zip Photos box should be checked.
- The New Photos Only box should not be checked.
- Click the Export Auction button. Please allow time to process and create the lots in their servers based on size and time of the export. The Export Monitor page will provide a status of the export and indicate whether or not it was successful. For more information, see Export Monitor.
Importing Bidder and Sale Data
Once the auction is complete, closing data for bidders and sales can be automatically imported back into Wavebid for invoicing purposes.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Bidder Info (Auto). The Person Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
- Then, from the same Accounting menu, select Import Sales Info (Auto). The Lot Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful, and winning bidder and sale information should be imported. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
If, for some reason, the sale data needs to imported manually, see Importing Sale Data.
Record Not Found
Lot Number #: Record not found!
The above error likely occurs when an auction or lot has been deleted from BidWrangler. Please contact BidWrangler to restore the data and acquire a new auction ID. That new auction ID will need to be entered in Wavebid by navigating to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, selecting Auction > Edit Settings, and then scrolling down to the BidWrangler Auction ID field under the Auction Attributes tab.