BidWrangler and Wavebid provide an integration allowing users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in sale results directly from BidWrangler to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking a Wavebid account and/or auction with the BidWrangler online bidding platform, exporting an auction to BidWrangler, and importing bidder and sale data to Wavebid. Please note that linking an account to BidWrangler will only link to the bidding platform, it will not link to any websites hosted by BidWrangler. Please contact BidWrangler directly for any issues relating to a BidWrangler website.
Linking an Account
The linking process itself only needs to be done once. However, if a user changes their BidWrangler password, a new Token will need to be generated. That Token information will then need to be updated in Wavebid.
Only users with Admin abilities will be able to link the company Wavebid account to BidWrangler.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export.
- From the Select an Export Format drop-down, choose BidWrangler.
- Enter the Endpoint for Automated Catalog Upload obtained from BidWrangler.
- Enter the BidWrangler Authentication Token obtained from BidWrangler.
Linking an Auction
Connecting an auction will be needed for every workspace that needs integration abilities to BidWrangler.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab, change the Auction Software drop-down to BidWrangler.
- For timed auctions, enter the auctions end date and time into the End Date field.
- This field is only required for timed auctions.
- Use the Type of Auction field to select Live for live or a timed to live auction or Online for a timed auction. Do not select Simulcast.
- Select any desired Auction Attributes. For more information, see Auction Settings.
- Click on the Marketing Info tab and enter any desired marketing information:
- Enter a description of the event into the Description field. This field is required.
- Enter the events terms into the Terms & Conditions field. This field is required.
- Click on the Dates tab. For events with pre-bidding, check the Has Prebidding box and use the Prebidding Start field to enter the date/time for online bidding to begin. Use the Prebidding End Date field to enter the date/time that the live auction will begin.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. Wavebid will automatically create the event in the BidWrangler system and the ID will appear in the BidWrangler Auction ID field.
- If the BidWrangler Auction ID needs to be changed please send an email to email@example.com with the Wavebid Workspace ID and the new BidWrangler Auction ID.
- If the auction was deleted in BidWrangler after it was linked with Wavebid, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Wavebid Workspace ID. A Wavebid Admin will remove the old BidWrangler Auction ID and a new one will be generated.
Please note that linking an auction to BidWrangler will only link to the bidding platform, it will not link to any websites hosted by BidWrangler.
There must be at least one lot in the auction in order for it to be exported to BidWrangler. If the auction only contains a Gallery lot, the event will not export.
All lots must have a Name/Title, Description, and at least 1 photo. If any of these elements are missing, the auction will not properly export to BidWrangler.
To add a Buy-It-Now price to lots, the attribute must first be enabled in the auction's settings. Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings. Under the Auction Attributes tab, ensure that the Allow Buy It Now price? box is checked. Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to save the changes. Once this attribute is enabled, a Buy It Now Price field will appear at the bottom of each lot in Lot Builder.
Exporting an Auction
- Prior to exporting, confirm that the auction is properly linked and all special considerations have been met.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Export Auction
- Set the Lot Options. Export all lots or just a range of lots.
- Set the Catalog Options:
- The Generate Catalog box should be checked.
- The Data Mapping must be BidWrangler.
- The Save as .CSV box should be checked.
- Set the Photo Options:
- The Zip Photos box should be checked.
- The New Photos Only box should not be checked.
- Click the Export Auction button. Please allow time to process and create the lots in their servers based on size and time of the export. The Export Monitor page will provide a status of the export and indicate whether or not it was successful. For more information, see Export Monitor.
Importing Bidder and Sale Data
Once the auction is complete, closing data for bidders and sales can be automatically imported back into Wavebid for invoicing purposes.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Import Bidder Info (Auto). The Person Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
- Then, from the same Accounting menu, select Import Sales Info (Auto). The Lot Import Results page will load indicating if the import was successful, and winning bidder and sale information should be imported. If an error occurred, see Troubleshooting.
If, for some reason, the sale data needs to imported manually, see Importing Sale Data.
Record Not Found
Lot Number #: Record not found!
The above error likely occurs when an auction or lot has been deleted from BidWrangler. Please contact BidWrangler to restore the data and acquire a new auction ID. That new auction ID will need to be entered in Wavebid by navigating to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, selecting Auction > Edit Settings, and then scrolling down to the BidWrangler Auction ID field under the Auction Attributes tab.
Event Won't Export to BidWrangler
If an event was deleted in BidWrangler after it was linked to Wavebid, a new BidWrangler Auction ID will need to be generated in Wavebid. Please send an email to email@example.com with the Wavebid Workspace ID. A Wavebid admin will remove the old BidWrangler Auction ID in Wavebid and a new one will be generated. Then the event can then be exported.
The steps above may also be taken to correct a Lot Identifier X Already Exists In This Auction error message.
Event Doesn't Appear on BidWrangler
Check the dates for the auction. For live auctions, auctions will stop appearing on the BidWrangler auction calendar 24 hours after the start time. The event is not deleted at that time- just removed from bidder visibility.
If a timed auction in created in Wavebid, it must be marked as on Online auction. If the event is not set as Online, it will disappear from the BidWrangler auction calendar 24 hours after the start time. In Wavebid, navigate to the auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings. Under the Auction Attributes tab, confirm that the Type of Auction is set to Online.
Reserves Didn't Export to BidWrangler
If Reserve amounts were entered into Wavebid, but they did not export. Confirm that the company level catalog settings aren't preventing the export of Reserve amounts. Navigate to My Links > Company > Profile. Click on the Preferences tab and then click on the Cataloging option on the left side of the page. Uncheck the Do Not Export Reserve values box and then click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to save the changes. The event can now be exported again.