Wavebid's email feature allows users to email a PDF copy of Seller Settlements out to sellers/consignors after an auction. This article describes the process for creating and managing Seller Settlement email templates as well as the process for sending Seller Settlements via email. For more information on Seller Settlements, see Seller Settlements. For email troubleshooting information, see the Troubleshooting section of the Integrating Email article.
Editing Seller Settlement Columns
Creating an Email Template
Wavebid comes with a default Seller Settlement email template. That default template will be used unless a custom email template is created.
Only company Admin Role users can create an email template.
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Admin Email Templates
- Select Seller Settlement from the Type drop-down.
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Enter Notes, if desired. Notes can be used to differentiate between various templates and are not visible in the email or on the Seller Settlement.
- Click the Template field and type the body of the email. The field is HTML formatted, so the text can be resized and organized as needed.
- Click on any of the Variable fields from the right side of the page to place them in the body of the email template. These fields will automatically populate based on auction and seller date.
Selecting an Email Template
To use a custom email template for Seller Settlements, the email template must be selected either at the company level or for each auction.
To select a custom Seller Settlement email template for an individual auction:
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Click on the Invoices tab.
- Select a template from the Seller Settlement Email Template drop-down.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
- If a custom email template isn't selected, the system will automatically use the Wavebid default template.
To select a custom Seller Settlement email template at the company level:
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Profile.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Click on the Seller Invoice tab on the left side of the page.
- Select the template from the Default Email Template for Seller Settlement emails drop-down.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. The selected template will automatically be applied to any auctions created after the changes are saved. For auctions that were created before the changes were made, the template will still need to be selected at the auction level.
Editing Seller Settlement Columns
The columns that appear in emailed Seller Settlements can be changed:
- Navigate to a Seller Settlement.
- Clicking on the Envelope icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Configure Columns for Settlement Emails. A pop-up window will open.
- Select the columns to appear on the Seller Settlement.
- Click the Save Changes button. The columns will not change on the Seller Settlement page, however the they will appear when emailed.
Changes made to the columns will apply to all emailed Seller Settlements within the company until new columns are selected. At that point, the new column selections will become the new default.
There is a limit to how wide the Seller Settlement can be. If too many columns are selected, they may appear distorted. To preview the Seller Settlement before emailing, click on the Columns button on the right side of the page and select the same columns that were selecting for emailing. Columns in white will appear on Seller Settlement, while those in blue will not. Once columns are selected, click the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page. A new window will open displaying a PDF of the Seller Settlement. This is how the document will appear when emailed.
Emailing Seller Settlements
Seller Settlements can be individually emailed out to sellers via Wavebid (Seller Settlements cannot be emailed in bulk). Emails will be sent to the seller's email address as it is listed in Wavebid. The Seller Settlement will be sent as a PDF attached to the chosen email template. Companies will want to Integrate Email in Wavebid prior to emailing Seller Settlements. If email is not integrated, the Seller Settlements will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Sellers.
- Click on the Seller to open the Seller Settlement.
- Click on the Envelope icon in the top right corner of the page and then select Email Seller Settlement.
- To send the Seller Settlement to multiple recipients, select Email Seller Settlement (To Multiple). If this option is selected, the email will be sent to the seller, plus any additional email addresses entered into the text entry box. Multiple email addresses should be separated by a comma. The additional email addresses will appear in the "TO" field of the email that is sent. Click the Ok button to send.
- The Seller Settlement will be sent to the seller's email address listed in Wavebid. If the the seller does not an email address listed, a pop-up will appear indicating this.
- The status of any outgoing emails can be viewed by navigating to My Links > Company > Reports > Emails Sent.
The Outgoing Email Report displays all of the emails sent out by the company. To access the report, navigate to My Links > Company > Reports > Emails Sent. If an email failed to send, the information will appear in the Status column on the report. For troubleshooting information, see the Troubleshooting section of the Integrating Email article.