This article describes the process for creating and updating (refreshing) Seller contracts. For information on Seller commissions, see Seller Commissions.
Create a Contract Template
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Seller Contract Templates.
- To edit an existing Contract Template, select the template from the drop-down at the top of the page.
- To start a new template, proceed with the steps below (if all the Contract Editor fields are blank) or click the Create New button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the Scope from the drop-down.
- Enter a Name for the template and any Notes.
- Manually type contract verbiage into the Contract field.
- Variables can be inserted into the Contract field to create spaces for content to be pulled from the auction and seller information. Click on Variables from the table on the right side of the page to add them to the Contract field.
- In the example below, the text in yellow has been manually typed in, while the text in green has been added via the Variables on the right.
- Once complete, click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
- To delete a Contract Template, select it from the drop-down at the top of the page and then click the Delete button in the top right corner of the page.
When the contract is applied to a seller, the Date Variables will be automatically populated by the current date. The Auction Variables will be automatically populated with information in the Auction Settings page. Seller and Commissions Variables will be automatically populated with information from the Auction > Sellers page.
The example below shows how a commission Variable ends up populating a contract:
The "Selling Price - Fixed % Per Item" variable is inserted into the Contract Template.
Once a Contract Template is selected, the seller's Commissions Tab information populates the "Selling Price - Fixed % Per Item" variable field.
Updating Permanent Seller Contracts
If a Permanent Seller's contract has been updated recently, active and/or upcoming auctions may need to be updated to reflect the new rate.
- Navigate to the appropriate auction from the Dashboard and then select Auction >Sellers. (Select an auction the permanent seller has already been checked into.)
- Type the first few letters of the seller's name into the Find Customer field and then click on the seller's name from the resulting Matching Customers list. The seller's information will populate below.
- The seller's old contract rate will be listed under the Commissions tab.
- Click the Refresh icon in the top right corner of the page to apply the new Permanent Seller contract to the auction.
- A pop-up will appear confirming the seller has been updated. Click the Ok button.
- The updated contract terms will now be applied to the auction.
The process above can also be done in bulk, which refreshes all of the Permanent Seller contracts for all the Permanent Sellers checked into the auction.
- Navigate to the appropriate auction from the Dashboard and then select Auction >Sellers.
- Instead of selecting a specific seller for the auction, leave the Find Customer field blank and click the Refresh button.
- A pop-up will appear listing all of the sellers that have been updated. Click the Ok button.
If a company has Permanent Sellers who have gone through the de-duplication/merge process, the process above may not refresh the new contract as intended. To remedy this issue, please navigate to the Permanent Seller record (My Links > Company > Customers > Permanent Sellers). Locate the Permanent Seller in question and confirm their contract/commissions are correct. If needed, make updates. Click the Save button. Even if the contract is correct and unchanged, the Save button needs to be clicked. Doing so should update their Permanent Seller contracts in existing auctions and ensure that the Refresh button will work as intended for that seller.