This article describes processes for managing invoices from the Invoice page in Wavebid, including changing the view of invoices on the page, printing and emailing invoices, and color coding invoices in order to more easily track which ones have been paid. For additional invoice information, see Invoice Guide.
The Invoice page can be accessed by navigating to an applicable auction from the Dashboard, then selecting Accounting > Invoices. The page will display all of the invoices generated for the auction. Invoices can be filtered by using the Filter by unpaid drop-down on the left side of the page.
The columns on the Invoice page can be changed so that only the most relevant information is viewed.
To add or remove columns, click the Columns button on the right side of the page. Click on the Column Headers to add them to the view. The Column Headers in white have been added to the view, while those in blue have not.
The Invoice page can be exported by clicking the Export button on the right side of the page and then selecting the export format.
If changes have recently been made to invoices via the Auction Settings, Company Profile, or by re-clerking, the invoices may need to be refreshed in order for those updates to appear on the invoice. Click the Refresh button in the top right corner of the page to push an update to all invoices. A pop-up window will appear. Click the Refresh this page button to continue.
Emailing Invoices in Bulk
Invoices can be emailed in bulk via Wavebid out by clicking the Envelope icon in the top right corner of the page and then selecting an email option. Emailed invoices will be sent out to the customer's email address listed in Wavebid using the default template selected for the auction. Companies will want to Integrate Email in Wavebid prior to emailing invoices. If email is not integrated, the invoices will be sent from email@example.com.
Emailing Individual Invoices
To email an individual invoice, click on the desired invoice and then click the Envelope icon in the top right corner of the page. Select Email Invoice to send the invoice to the bidder's email address on file. Select Advanced Email to send the invoice to a different or additional email address. A pop-up window will open. Enter each email address separated by a semicolon. Use the drop-down to select an email Template and click the Ok button.
The Outgoing Email Report displays all of the emails sent out by the company. To access the report, navigate to My Links > Company > Reports > Emails Sent. If an email failed to send, the information will appear in the Status column on the report. For troubleshooting information, see the Troubleshooting section of the Integrating Email article.
Printing Invoices in Bulk
Invoices can be printed in bulk by clicking the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page and then selecting whether to print all invoices, paid invoices only, or unpaid invoices only. A PDF of each invoice will be generated using the default template selected for the auction. The PDFs can then be printed or saved.
Printing Individual Invoices
To print or save a PDF for an individual invoice, click on the invoice and then click the Printer icon in the top right corner of the page.
Color Code Invoice Statuses
Companies have the option of setting up a color code system for tracking and organizing invoices on the Invoices Page. For example, paid invoices can appear in green, while unpaid invoices appear in yellow, and overdue invoices appear in red.
Create Color Code
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Invoice Status.
- Enter a name for the Invoice Status into the Name field.
- Select a color. Colors can be selected in 3 ways:
- Drag the color selector to the left or right and then click on a color in the color scale panel.
- Click on the Dropper icon and hover over any color on the screen. Click to select.
- Type the color data into the RGB fields. Click the Arrows icon to the right of the RGB fields to enter the HSL or HEX data for the color instead. Click the Enter key to select.
- If desired, enter a description for the Invoice Status into the Description field.
- Click the Save button. The color will be added to the Invoice Status List.
- To edit an Invoice Status, click the Pencil icon to the right of the status.
- To delete an Invoice Status, click the X icon to the right of the status.
- The color code can only be used in auctions created after the changes are made.
Utilizing Color Code
- To use the color code to track the statuses of Invoices in an auction, navigate to the appropriate auction on the Dashboard and select Accounting > Invoices.
- Click on the Columns button in the top right corner of the page and make sure that the Status option has been selected. Options in white have been selected, while options in blue have not been selected.
- Once selected, the drop-down in the Status column can be used to color code Invoices based on their status.
Invoice payment status can be viewed under Accounting > Invoices as described above. Invoice status can also be viewed in the Checkout Summary Report.
Checkout Summary Report
To view the report, navigate to the appropriate auction from the Dashboard and then select Accounting > Reports > Checkout Summary. Click on the Columns button in the top right corner of the page and make sure that the Status column header has been selected. Column headers in white have been selected, while column headers in blue have not been selected.
The Reconciliation report provides data similar to the Invoices Page and the Checkout Summary report. The report displays the bidder number, invoice number, and payment information. To access the Reconciliation report, navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Reports > Reco. Click on the invoice line to open the applicable invoice.
Use the Search field at the top of the page to search for an item on the report.
Click on the column headers to change the order of items as they appear on the report.
To export the report, click the Export button in the top right corner of the page and then select the export type.
Columns can be added or remove from the report by clicking the Columns button in the top right corner of the page. Click on a column header to add or remove it. Column headers in blue will not appear on the report. Column headers in white will appear on the report.
To view invoice information at a company level, see the Company Level section in Reports and Lists.