Wavebid provides the option to add in a deposit for a bidder at the time of check in, as well as the option to specify if a bidder has been authorized to proceed without a deposit. The article describes the process for using those features.
Before the Deposit feature can be used, it will need to be turned on.
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Profile.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Check the Add ability to use deposits box.
Once Deposits have been enabled at a company level, the option still remains to turn them on or off for any given auction.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit settings.
- Click on the Accounting tab.
- Check the Use Deposits box.
Now deposits will be turned on for this auction.
Now that Deposits turned on, deposits can be charged to a bidder.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Accounting > Check in.
- Check in a new bidder, or select one that is already on the customer list.
- Assign a paddle number.
- Click the Dollar Sign in the top right of the page.
- Confirm the correct paddle number on Deposit Entry Screen.
- Select the payment amount, and payment type even "No deposit required".
- Take any notes, and fill out any other needed info (CC info, Check Number, etc.)
- Click the Save button in the bottom right of the deposit screen.
Now the deposit will be saved for the bidder. Clicking on the blue total deposit amount will open the Deposits Report.
There are a few ways to get to the Deposit Report, and once we get there a few things we can do on the page.
- To get to the page, either click on the blue total deposit amount on the check in page, or navigate to Current Auction > Reports > Deposits.
- You can Click the Delete button to delete the deposit.
- You can also click the Refund Icon, which is how you can refund a deposit. When you refund a deposit the original Deposit information will stay on the report, so you can still see the data.
Issuing A Refund
Depending on the original Payment Method. There will be various Refund Methods available for you to choose from in order to give the bidder their money back.
NOTE: If you accepted a deposit via a Credit Card, the refund method of Credit will issue the refund to the credit card that was used for the initial refund.
- Search using the box on the top right.
- If you want to change the columns that are displaying, or export the report you can use the buttons on the top right.
- After a deposit has been refunded, the Tools column will be updated to indicate it's current status and allow you to view the details of the refund. Likewise, you can add additional columns to the report like Refunded Amount, Refunded Date and Applied to view them on the report.
- Click the binoculars to view details.
Using Deposits as a Payment
After a deposit has been applied to a bidder, you can use it as a payment, by navigating to Current Auction > Accounting > Invoices, and clicking on the invoice you wish to make the payment for
- Once on the invoice click on the 'Make a Payment' button.
- The payment screen should automatically populate, and you can select deposit from the 'Payment Method' drop down
- If the bidder has more than one deposit, you will have the option to select the deposits individually.
- You can record the standard payment information using the other options.
- On the bottom of the page, a check box must be selected to confirm that you want to apply the full, selected deposit to the bidder. Deposits must be used in full for any payment.
- Make sure to click the Save button on the bottom right.
- The payment will now be recorded, and you will be able to proceed with additional payments, or change, as you normally would.