Wavebid provides numerous easy-to-use e-mail templates for marketing campaigns. This article describes the process for creating those emails.
Build an Email Template
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Marketing > Email Templates.
- Use the Choose saved template drop-down to select an exiting template to edit or create a new template.
- Enter or edit the template name in the Name field, if needed.
- Click the Disc icon in the top right corner of the page to save the changes.
- To start building a template, click on a section on the left side of the page to add it to the email template on the right side of the page.
- Once sections have been added to the template, they can be edited by hovering over the section and clicking on one of the following icons:
- Click the X to remove the section from the template. A pop-up window will open. Click the Ok button to continue.
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the background color of the section. A pop-up window will open. Use the drop-down to select a color and then click the Ok button.
- Click the Up Arrow to move the section up higher on the template.
- Click the Down Arrow to move the section down lower in the template.
- Some sections pull data from a specific auction. When those sections are added to the template, a pop-up window will open. Use the Auction drop-down to select a specific auction event and then click the Ok button.
- Some information specific the auction event (such dates, location, auction name) will populate in the section, depending on which section was selected. Click on any of the text to open pop-up Edit Text window. Edit the text as needed and then click the Ok button.
- To add a hyperlink to text, click the Chain (link) icon in the Edit Text window. A pop-up window will open. Enter the link information and click the OK button.
- To alter the images in a section, click on the Image box. A pop-up window will open. Click the Select Photo button to select a lot and then select a photo from that lot. To have the photo link to a site, enter the URL of the link into the Enter a URL this photo should link to field. Click the OK button to save.
- The selected photo will automatically populate in the template.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
- Once the template is complete, click the Show HTML link in the top right corner of the page.
- The email template will display as HTML. Highlight all of the text (or click Ctrl+A) and then copy and paste the text in an email sending or advertising platform (ex. mail-chimp, Constant Contact).