Document Builder Templates are the containers for fields, blocks, or sections that have been grouped together and used to generate documents without any additional configuration. Templates can be created from scratch using any available sections, or copied from any available global template. For more information on creating documents, see Document Builder. Document Builder is only available to users who have also signed up for Appraisal Builder Pro (ABP).
This article contains the following sections:
To view the available templates, navigate to My Links > Company > Document Builder > Admin, then select the Templates tab.
- To edit an existing Template, select it from the Saved Templates drop-down in the top left corner of the page. To create a new Template, click the Plus icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter a name for the template in the Template Name field.
- Drag and drop a section from the Available Sections field to the desired position in Template Sections. Drag and drop sections within the Template Sections field to rearrange them. Click the Trashcan icon to the right of the section to delete it from the template.
- The Preview field will display the content of the blocks within each section. To make changes to the text within the blocks, go to the Sections Tab as changes cannot be made here.
- Text entered into the Header field will be displayed at the top of each page of the generated document.
- Text entered into the Footer field will be displayed at the bottom of each page of the generated document.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
There are additional Template options in the top right corner of the page:
- Click the List icon to view the a list of existing documents.
- Click the Revert icon to restore the last saved version of the current template.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete the template.