Document Builder Sections are groupings of blocks that can be named and stored in Wavebid. When saving them as part of a template, they will be available for use in any documents generated from the template. When saving them as part of a document, they will only be available within that document. For more information on creating documents, see Document Builder. Document Builder is only available to users who have also signed up for Appraisal Builder Pro (ABP).
- To edit an existing Section, select it from the Saved Sections drop-down in the top left corner of the page. To create a new Section, click the Plus icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter a name for the Section in the Section Name field.
- Drag blocks from the panel on the left side of the page to the Section Contents field on the right. The left panel displays the list of available blocks for the section. Drag and drop the blocks to rearrange them within the Section Contents field.
- Click on a block to edit its contents. An editing window will open with full HTML functionality. Once edits are made, click the Ok button.
- To remove a block from the Section Contents field, hover over the block and then click on the Trashcan icon that appears.
- If the section should not appear in the Table of Contents of a document, check the Don’t show in table of contents box.
- Once the Section is complete, click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save.
There are additional Section options in the top right corner of the page:
- Click the List icon to view the a list of existing documents.
- Click the Revert icon to restore the last saved version of the current Section.
- Click the Trashcan icon to delete the Section. Once a Section is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
Depending on your location in Document Builder the interface changes slightly, depending whether you are building a template or editing a document.
To view the existing sections in a document, navigate to My Links > Company > Document Builder > Documents, then select a document to edit. Once the page loads you will be in the Preview tab.
On the left panel you’ll have a tab for Blocks you can add to the document, and a tab for the sections you can add.
To place a block in the document just drag the item into the panel on the right, then drop it into the desired position. Once the section is dropped you’ll have a few options available for manipulation, to see them hover your mouse over a block (it will change to a teal background color):
- View PDF: Preview just the single block, or the entire section.
- Delete: Delete just the single block, or the entire section.
Some blocks will have additional options:
- Align Left
- Align Center
- Align Right
On the left panel drag and drop the section into the document preview. This will add all of the blocks in the proper order and you’ll be able to manipulate them just like blocks that don’t belong to a section in particular.