Warning: The lots from an auction can be exported to LiveAuctioneers only once, updating existing lots is not available at this time. Please ensure the auction contains all relevant data and pictures before exporting.
Linking an Account
Contact LiveAuctioneers to obtain the following pieces of information:
- House ID
- API Key/Token
This information will need to be provided to a Wavebid Admin in order to link the account to LiveAuctioneers. Send the information above to email@example.com. An Administrator will link everything on the company profile, which will typically take 2-3 business days. This will only need to be done once, as the account will be linked from that point forward.
Configuring an Account
After the request to link Wavebid with LiveAuctioneers has been processed, custom Bid Increments and Buyer's Premium tiers will need to be configured prior to exporting an auction.
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Bid Increments.
- Click the Create New button.
- To edit an existing Bid Increment table, select it from the drop-down at the top of the page.
- Enter a Name (ex. LiveAuctioneers) for the increment table and a Description, if desired.
- Enter a zero (0) into the first From ($) field and enter the desired increment into the first Bid Increment field. The first From value on the Bid Increment table must be zero.
- Click the Add link to add another line to the increment table. There must be exactly 10 lines in total. To remove a line from the table, click the X to the right of the value.
- Click the Save button.
A Buyer's Premium scale will also need to be created at the company level in Wavebid in order for auctions to link to LiveAuctioneers.
To create a Buyer's Premium scale, navigate to My Links > Company > Accounting Settings > Scales > Buyer's Premium. For more information, see the Scaled Buyer's Premium section of the Buyer's Premiums article.
Please note that the Buyer's Premium scale created for LiveAuctioneers cannot be more than three tiers (rows) and cannot contain a percentage higher than what is allowed in LiveAuctioneers.
Once a Buyer's Premium scale is created, it can be applied to any auction. The scale does not need to be re-created again for each auction. Additional scales can be created to suite the needs of future auctions.
Linking an Auction
The steps below must be taken in order to link an auction to LiveAuctioneers. Do not save the auction until all of the steps below have been completed.
- Navigate to the applicable auction from the Wavebid Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Select Live Auctioneers from the Auction Software drop-down under the Auction Attributes tab.
- Click in the Start Date field and use the Calendar tool to select a Start Date for the auction. Use the Hour and Minute switches to select a time. Once the date and time are selected, click the Done button.
- The Start Date must be at least two days in the future.
- Use the drop-down to select the Type of Auction.
You must have your auction created in Live Auctioneer and get your Auction ID from your auction URL. Call Wavebid to enter in the Existing External Id.
The Adv. Attribute Settings tab contains other fields required by Live Auctioneers. Populate the form with your auction specific information and ensure the following fields are populated:
- Low Estimate & Default Value
- High Estimate & Default Value
- NOTE: Must be greater than low estimate
- Listing Plan
- Content Option
- Payment Option
- Payment Methods
- Two values are needed, if only one is selected a second one will be automatically added.
Also, the Marketing Info tab contains fields required by Live Auctioneers. The following are the required fields:
- Simple Description
- Preview Notes
- Payment Info
- Terms and Conditions
Depending on the type of auction you are running you may also need to select the appropriate Buyers Premium and Bid Increment from the Accounting Tab. If you select Auction Type online and Listing Plan Online Seller, the auction create will fail because of the buyer's premium.
Live Auctioneers supports a Sliding Scale or Cumulative Sliding Scale BP. You can select the custom buyers premium scale you created in Step 2 from this page. In addition the custom Bid Increment table should be selected here as well.
You are now ready to save the auction.
If it was successful you should receive a success message. Note that the auction information is live to the public immediately.
It's important to note that the Live Auctioneers does not support an auction location other than the location that is associated with our Live Auctioneers account.
Exporting an Auction
The auction export is the same as other auctions. Once you have added all the lots, images, descriptions, high/low estimates to all of your lots, you'll be ready to export your auction. Up to 3 lots can tagged as Cover lots for your Auction. Use the Lot Rank field and select "Highlight" on up to 3 lots you want as the cover lots. If a lot does not contain a Low/High estimate it will default to $1/$2 respectively. Live Auctioneers will not accept more than 20 images per lot, if your lot contains more than 20 images the additional images will not be displayed in your Live Auctioneers auction.
The export page can be accessed via the Auction > Export Auction menu. It's important to note that since LiveAuctioneers only supports the creation of lots and not updating lots, that future changes in Wavebid will not be reflected in LiveAuctioneers. The auction export will communicate with LiveAuctioneers and transfer all of the data and pictures. If you do export multiple times, NEW lots will be pushed over to LiveAuctioneers.
- Title/Name Lot
- A lot title may only contain 55 characters. Titles longer than that will be restricted to 55 characters during the export process. Only 55 characters will be sent to Live Auctioneers.
Navigate to LiveAuctioneers and login. You should see your auction listed.
Importing Sale Data
Once your auction is completed the auction results can be imported from LiveAuctioneers. The import of information is done in two different steps. The sale information import can be executed by accessing the following option, Current Auction > Accounting > Import Sale Info (auto). The action will produce a new page where any errors will be listed or a message stating the number of lots imported. Expected Sale info will include which lots were sold to online bidders at the amount.
The buyer information import will be executed by accessing the Current Auction > Accounting > Import Buyer Info (auto). The same result should be expected, an error message page or a number of buyers imported. The expected buyer information will include contact information about the bidder necessary to send them an invoice for the lots they purchased.
Once these two imports have completed successfully, you can navigate to the Invoices section to invoice the online bidders.
If, for some reason, the sale data needs to imported manually, see Importing Sale Data.