SAM and Wavebid have an integration allowing users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in results directly from SAM to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking and exporting to SAM, and then importing auction results.
Linking an Account
The linking process below only needs to take place once. However, if a user changes their password in SAM, they will need to change it Wavebid as well, or the linking will no longer function.
- Obtain the endpoint for the SAM administration account.
- Navigate to My Links > Company > Catalog Settings > Export.
- Select SAM from the Export Format drop-down menu.
- Eliminate the "/admin/" from the SAM Admin URL and enter the remaining part of the URL into the Endpoint for Automated Catalog Upload field.
- Enter the SAM admin username into the SAM Username field.
- Enter the SAM admin password into the SAM Password field.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the window.
Linking an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and then select Auction > Edit Auction.
- Select the Auction Attributes tab.
- Select SAM from the Auction Software drop-down.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. Wavebid will automatically create the event in the SAM system and the ID will appear in the SAM Auction ID (Auto) field. If the Wavebid auction needs to be linked to an existing SAM auction, add the Auction ID to the SAM Auction ID (Manual) field.
Exporting an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and then select Auction > Export Auction.
- Set the Lot Options. Export all lots or just a range of lots.
- Set the Catalog Options:
- The Generate Catalog box should be checked.
- Data Mapping is set to Marknet.
- The Save as CSV box should be checked.
- Set the Photo Options:
- The Zip Photos box should be checked.
- The New Photos Only box should not checked.
- If using Thumbnails, select a pixel size from the drop-down.
- Please note, images are limited to 6MB each. The largest image displayed by default is to be fit within 1000x1000 pixels.
- Click the Export Auction button. The Export Monitor page will provide a status of the export and indicate whether or not it was successful. For more information, see Export Monitor.
- The export process can take up to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the catalog and the number of photos. Wavebid will transfer the catalog via web interface and the photos through FTP.
Importing Bidders and Sale Data
After logging into SAM, a list of auctions should be visible. Click on the auction that needs to be imported into Wavebid.
- Click and download the All Data .CSV report.
- Open the downloaded file in Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet editor.
- Delete first two rows from the downloaded file so Lot # is the first row.
- Once the spreadsheet has been prepared, follow the Manual Import instructions found in Importing Sale Data.
If the following error message is received, verify that the document being uploaded is a CSV. This message will most likely appear if the document is not a CSV: