SAM and Wavebid have an integration allowing users to export a catalog and photos directly, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in results directly from SAM to Wavebid. This article describes the process for linking and exporting to SAM, and then importing auction results.
Linking an Account
- Obtain the endpoint for the SAM administration account.
- Go to My Links > Company > Catalog Settings > Export.
- Select SAM from the Export Format drop-down menu.
- Eliminate the "/admin/" from the SAM Admin URL and enter the remaining part of the URL into the Endpoint for Automated Catalog Upload field.
- Enter the SAM admin username into the SAM Username field.
- Enter the SAM admin password into the SAM Password field.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the window.
Linking an Auction
- Navigate to the applicable auction on the Dashboard and then select Auction > Edit Auction.
- Select the Auction Attributes tab.
- Select SAM from the Auction Software drop-down.
- Click the Disk icon in the top right corner of the page to Save. Wavebid will automatically create the event in the SAM system. If the Wavebid auction needs to be linked to an existing SAM auction, add the Auction ID to the SAM Auction ID (Manual).
Exporting an Auction
- Go to Dashboard > Auction > Export Auction
- Double-check your export options:
- Lot Options: Select the lots you wish to export.
- Catalog Options:
- Make sure Generate Catalog is checked
- Data Mapping is set to SAM
- Save as CSV is checked
- Photo Options:
- Zip Photos is checked,
- New Photos Only is not checked
- Thumbnails is set to the pixel size you wish to have.
- Click Export Auction. You can go over to the Export Monitor if you wish.
Depending on the size of your catalog file and how many photos you have within each lot the export process can take up to 15 minutes, with Wavebid creating two files:
- A CSV file containing your entire catalog of lots.
- A ZIP file containing all your photos.
Wavebid will transfer the catalog via their web interface and the photos through FTP; please allow some time to process the files and display them in your web page.
First after logging into SAM you will see your list of auctions, then click on the auction that you wish to have imported into Wavebid.
- Click and download "All Data .CSV"
- Open the downloaded file in Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet editor
- Delete first two rows from your downloaded file so Lot # is the first row.
- On your dashboard in Wavebid go to the Auction you wish to import to in the Accounting section select import Buyers
- Current Auction --> Accounting --> Import Buyers
- Then select the file you got from SAM
- Then you want to select the buyer information from the Wavebid options and match it up with the columns you want imported
- Note: Only select the information you want added to the bidder profiles
- Then click Import at the bottom and your information will be imported into Wavebid
- Go to Current Auction > Catalogs > Import Catalog
- Use the file that has been adjusted in step 2 that you downloaded from SAM
- Select the Lot information that you want imported including bidder number (If the auction is finished)
- Then Press Import to finish
- The largest image displayed by default is to be fit within 1000x1000 pixels.
- Manually uploaded images are limited to 6MB.