Creating a Buyers Guide
From the Dashboard, navigate to the appropriate auction and then select Catalogs > Buyers Guide.
The Buyers Guide Columns section at the bottom of the screen shows the titles of all of the columns that will display on the Buyers Guide. Their order in this section, from left to right, will be their order on the final Buyers Guide (in table format). Click and drag the column titles to change the order. Clicking on a column header in the Buyers Guide Columns section will enable it to be re-named. Clicking the X will remove the column from the Buyers Guide.
The columns in the example above will appear on the Buyers Guide as listed below:
The Options section on the right side of the page allows for further customization of the Buyers Guide.
- Hide Title Page: The default is for the Buyers Guide to begin with a title page that contains the auction title and date as well as the company's name, address, and contact information. Check this box to hide the title page.
- Thumbnail Size: If the Thumbnail column header has been added to the Buyers Guide Columns section, the first photo of each lot will be added to the Buyers Guide table. The default size for these photos is 100x100. Select a larger number from the drop-down to increase the sizes of the photos as they appear in the Buyers Guide. Only the first photo of each lot will be shown in the Buyers Guide table. To have all lot photos included, the Include Photo Appendix box will need to be checked.
- Font Size: Select an option from the drop-down to increase or decrease the font size. Percentages higher than 100 will increase font size, while those lower will decrease font size.
- Sort Lots By: Select an option from the drop-down to determine the order in which lots will appear. The default is for lots to appear in their sequence number.
- Format Currency:
- Include Photo Appendix: Checking this box will include a list of photos, by lot, following the Buyers Guide table.
- Photo Appendix Thumbnail Size: If a photo appendix is being included in the Buyers Guide, select a thumbnail size from the drop-down. Select a larger number from the drop-down to increase the sizes of the photos as they appear in the Photo Appendix.
- Show All Photos: Any photos that may appear as Thumbnails in the Buyers Guide table will not also appear in the Photo Appendix unless the Show All Photos box is checked. If this box is checked, all lot photos will appear in the Photo Appendix, regardless of whether they already appeared in the Buyers Guide table.
- Maximum Photo Limit:
Once all of the columns and options have been selected, click the Build Buyers Guide button at the bottom of the page. This will generate a PDF file in a new tab, which can be reviewed before downloading and/or printing.
Example of a Buyers Guide Title Page:
Example of a Buyers Guide:
Example of a Buyers Guide Photo Appendix:
Buyers Guide Video Tutorial